• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy way to shorthop?

Delta_III

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know an easy way to shorthop with pikachu? Also, if anyone can tell me any techniques I should use or avoid.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Practice pressing the x or y button really fast to short hop.

Techniques - Practice your tailspikes, reverse and normal tail spikes. Practice rising uairs into nairs/dairs/bairs.

Chain grabbing fast fallers, such as Falcon, Fox and Falco.

Practice sweet spotting the edge with quick attack, and using quick attack as an edgehog, and if you really want to. Make sure you know how to charge/sunwalk. It's Pika's version of moonwalking, there is a vid of how do it in another topic.

greenpika

Smash Cadet
you... really can't find an easy way to short hop... its just a tap... maybe try putting your finger on the side of the button and push down while moving away from the button would work.

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
you... really can't find an easy way to short hop... its just a tap... maybe try putting your finger on the side of the button and push down while moving away from the button would work.
Pikachu is hard to short hop with. Bowser is probably the easist!

I just press the buttong very very very lightly too.

Top Bottom