• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy-to-perform ground Spin Shot that lets you keep your second jump!

magnomanX

Smash Cadet
Ok, the Spin Shot that was first discovered is best used with Forward B, correct? Well this version uses Down B. Also this technique requires the B-stick setup.

All you have to do is charge downB and then press C-stick up or forward. You dont even need to charge it at all as a matter of fact. This can be done the moment you start spinning. There are PLENTY of advantages for this technique that make it better than the original Spin Shot.

Firstly and most importantly, you get to KEEP YOUR SECOND JUMP. Secondly you can use this to chase opponents off the stage. Normally to add distance to your jump you have to perform a spin dash, release, and then jump. This lets you have that extra distance without even having to release the spin dash. You can do this RIGHT at the edge of the stage and still have your second jump. It is also a lot harder to see coming because it comes out faster and you can do it from anywhere on the ground. And lastly, it gives you more distance compared to the original Spin Shot when done on the ground.

I hope this helps your Sonic game a little bit.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I was trying this out in training mode.. Maybe there's something I'm missing here, but the jump doesn't look or act like a spin shot. It's more like the jump you get out of your side or down b after you start it, and try to jump.

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
thats not a spinshot homie, thats just a regular downb ground jump. try doing it in mid air with c stick its an easy way to do a spinshot but it consumes 2nd jump, thx for posting. on ground, u still have 1 jump left over. Its the same jump except the one u are doing can be controlled while the jump is active while an actual spinshot is just a bare jump with a set arc u cant control till the end of the animation frames.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
What soloman said lol. I mean, obviously the down-b jump has many advantages over the spin shot (it's an attack, it keeps your second jump, etc.), but the thing is, the spin shot can be used in situations where that cannot be. Spin shotting is mainly a mind game tech anyways so what you're really looking for is usability.

Top Bottom