• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy tactic for those who have trouble with LHDL

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
I myself have trouble with this despite my advanced technical ability. I found that when I do a regular Ledge hop double laser one laser is higher than the other since the timing for a perfect LHDL is so hard to get down. So instead:

Drop down and shine>JC>Double Laser. Its much more accurate and has very little lag time. You can pull off a perfect LHDL with a higher rate of success. Its probably old but I just wanted to make it easier for those who have trouble with it. :)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
This tech gave me trouble for a long time too, but I just had to change the way I physically pressed the buttons to do it. I always use X to jump under normal circumstances, but for this technique (and JC shines as well), the transition time from x to b with the thumb is too slow, so I just practiced rolling my thumb from Y to b when doing these techniques. I'm almost perfect at switching styles to use these fluidly in my game and I only really started trying to pick them up about a week ago, so I don't think it's terribly difficult to do it like this. Also, the shine could hint off your next move to someone who has a good eye and is quick with their fingers, so I think adding that flash to it might be a mistake. Practice is the key here.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
if you jump with the control stick the entire LDHL gets easier and without the shine. the shine just makes it harder, esp if you run offstage before doing it (like not from a ledgehog)

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
I just thought of this you can't short hop from a ledge drop huh? Because you use your second jump to get back up. Well than if you use the control stick it can't hurt than.

Spartamus

Smash Apprentice
you can just use up and get it perfict everytime... go onto Corneria and use the ledge were if you fall off you wont die. and use up. fall flick up and laser. it may be hard if you have no experience with jumping with up but i did it with fox on the ground. its the same motion.

Smash Journeyman
i can lhdl and rlhdl perfectly the best way is to practice it the way you are used to doing it.
i wouldn't try to lhdl a certain way just to do it.

i would suggest going to training mode on fd and put it on 2/3 speed it would be just enough for you to notice that no matter how fast your fingers are you wont get the second one off unless you tap b immiediately after you jump. it will come of perfectly.

then i go to 1 and try it on that and i mastered it in a weeks time.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't understand how so many people have trouble with this..seriously I have never practiced this and before I played falco (I have been playing falco for like two days) I could do this perfectly with no problem at all..all you have to do is know the right highth when to jump then laser twice o.O...Also I like running off the stage and double lasering back onto it...

Also I jump with the control stick and use the claw method if that matters at all >_>.

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
I just fall off the ledge and jump back on with Y and slide my thumb down to B to do it.
same for on the ledge, drop down, use Y to jump, slide down to B.

I've been using Falco for like a week [switched from fox] I haven't had any trouble with this.

Smash Journeyman
like i said before you hand speed matters but tbh it doesn't in a way.
no matter how fast you press it after wards or get to the button if you dont shoot the laser immediately after you press the jump buttond from the ledge he wont let the other shot off.

i've tried it and mastered it, it is very easy to learn but hard to get if you dont know
what your doing. i am also a fox player so it was easy to me to, and its the same as marth's sh double fair.

Spartamus

Smash Apprentice
im pritty sure doing it perfect is useing up or your hella fast with x or y. sence you have to be almost imposibly fast to do it with x or y, using up is the best and most perfect way to do it.

Top Bottom