• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey

Smash Hero
I was thinking that me and some of the other EC tournament Directors WoZ, TA, Chu and others would wanna do what the Midwest is doing with the whole circuit things so we can be able to rank it up. I think it would be a better way to increase tournament turnout for most peoples tournaments disscuss.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
wont be able to work on the east coast but oh well.

here is the problem. people on the east coast go to big tournaments but they wont travel far to get highly recognized. the people in the mid west are willing to travel to the other states but people who are great from MD/VA will rarely travel up to NY or Conn. this is why this system is flawed. we already have like 4 big tournaments planned that most people from the east coast plan to attend. (cat 3, smashality 3, pound 3, and of course FC10) if people what to be recognized then they should have to attend these tournaments and not have to worry about going to smaller ones for a circut that is outside of their state. i like the idea of a circuit but like i said on the east coast i dont think it would be good.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yeah, doing something like this for EC isn't terribly easy.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but it would require the utmost precision in even attempting to pull this off correctly, and while EC has amazing directors that host tournaments, I don't think there are enough of them to pull this off as easily as the Midwest has been doing there. Besides, travel has always been a big problem for people on either coast of this country, and if you'd want to make a ranking circuit, you'd have to make sure that these events are accessible to players from most, if not all, regions and that these events would be looked at equally across the board, regardless of which region they're held in.

Overall, I think this is a good idea, but just because Midwest has pulled it off doesn't make it any easier to do. It's also another thing where, if you start it, you can't pull back unless you want to discredit your entire endeavor, so all I'm going to say regarding this is please be careful. All that being said, though, if you go through with this and need a director in the Western New York area, I'll try to help out if I can, should you be in need of assistance.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
There's actually a plan like this that's already in progress. That's all I can say for now, but be ready for it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom