• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest/Hardest matchups for D3?

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
I've played against all the characters with my D3 main.
I've noticed that D3 is practically unstoppable in 4-way orgies.
It's just that 1 on 1's is where D3 has to be used strategically.
So, I want some opinions on who might get ***** no matter what when faced with D3.
Personally, I think it's Jigglypuff.
I mean, WDEE's or WDOO's are the same size as the pink sh*t.:laugh:

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Umm, I think you may want to either edit your title or topic.
right now your tak=lking about DDD's best match-up... might as well edit the first post to reflect who DDD's worst match up is as that is more productive.

and LUZ? free for all? who does that? regardless you should ALWAYS play DDD strategically. I dont want noobs disrespecting the king.
also, nobody "gets ***** no matter what when facing" another character. that line of thought is setting you up for a auto-lose against a good player.

anyways, DDD's worst match-up is Cpt Olimar, IMO.
he can out spam your Dees, so you cant use them as a projectile blocker, he is faster then you on the ground, and his tether is verry "anti-aircraft"
I havent figured out a way to approach this guy yet, he just runs and spams his pickmin at you, and when he doesn let you get close, it is because you have so much damage you are ready for a finisher.

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
Umm, I think you may want to either edit your title or topic.
right now your tak=lking about DDD's best match-up... might as well edit the first post to reflect who DDD's worst match up is as that is more productive.

and LUZ? free for all? who does that? regardless you should ALWAYS play DDD strategically. I dont want noobs disrespecting the king.
also, nobody "gets ***** no matter what when facing" another character. that line of thought is setting you up for a auto-lose against a good player.

anyways, DDD's worst match-up is Cpt Olimar, IMO.
he can out spam your Dees, so you cant use them as a projectile blocker, he is faster then you on the ground, and his tether is verry "anti-aircraft"
I havent figured out a way to approach this guy yet, he just runs and spams his pickmin at you, and when he doesn let you get close, it is because you have so much damage you are ready for a finisher.

ok, man, ok. i posted from the opponent's point of view.
I guess to know how to beat Olimar i suppose we'll have to use Olimar.
Olimar happens to be my Alt., and he doesnt suck at all, he has alot of good moves.
his smashes are quite powerful too.
another thing, dedede doesnt have good moves to shake off pikmin.
maybe Dedede can attack Olimar nonstop so that he wont have the chance to pull out his pikmin. that's the only thing i can think of right now, but we'll find some other **** later.

CO18

Smash Hero
Trust me as of now, Olimar is his hardest matchup.
I cant even find an effective strategy against this guy.
He can outpspam you with all his pikmen and you always get hit because Dedede's so big.
And since hes much faster than you he can just run away and spam, you'll get a couple of hits in but once you do get a hit, do not hesitate just keep attacking.
Otherwise, youll be at 150% before you know it and olimar comes running in and kills you.
Lame :(

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
Trust me as of now, Olimar is his hardest matchup.
I cant even find an effective strategy against this guy.
He can outpspam you with all his pikmen and you always get hit because Dedede's so big.
And since hes much faster than you he can just run away and spam, you'll get a couple of hits in but once you do get a hit, do not hesitate just keep attacking.
Otherwise, youll be at 150% before you know it and olimar comes running in and kills you.
Lame :(
Am I the only person who mains Dedede and Olimar?
Like I said, next time my friend brings his Wii over, I'll tape the matches.
Not just a fight, but also some experimenting. See which of D3's moves are most effective.
I just hate how Dedede's multijumps are countered by Olimar's Up special...

Also, who else might cause a problem?
Let me know who I should videotape with.

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
Try Metaknight, It seems like he can combo Dedede forever.
You're right with that! Lot's of people tried their characters with my D3, and I had a time with him.

This is off topic, but Olimar is an awful matchupn with Meta Knight.
MK shakes off Pikmin with any attack, and while he's doin his Golden Tornado and his other move, it's not possible to stick pikmin on him.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Cant you just like get out of range of pikmin, or ftilt them? >_>

The pikmin dont stun except for purple. Maybe you people need to stop relying on waddle doos so much I mean it's good but it's not that great of a projectile lol >_>

CO18

Smash Hero
Cant you just like get out of range of pikmin, or ftilt them? >_>

The pikmin dont stun except for purple. Maybe you people need to stop relying on waddle doos so much I mean it's good but it's not that great of a projectile lol >_>
Yeah the purple one is the only one that stuns, but the pikmin come out too fast in order for Dedede to succesfully stop them.
Him being a big Target only makes it worse as they can easily hit him.
Olimar is too quick for Dedede to just easily start comboing him etc...
So basically he just runs around while spamming pikmin until you have so much damage that he can just run in and kill you.
Its not like its impossible but its definitley Dedede's hardest matchup and basically you have to know that you're gonna take alot of damage but just be as aggressive as possible.
I dont spam waddle dees, and it doesnt make much of a difference because his pikmin come out much faster basically negating them.

Also, yeah I thought the MK matchup was hard too. Basically any small character with an "extremely" fast and spammable attack is hard for Dedede.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
You're right with that! Lot's of people tried their characters with my D3, and I had a time with him.

This is off topic, but Olimar is an awful matchupn with Meta Knight.
MK shakes off Pikmin with any attack, and while he's doin his Golden Tornado and his other move, it's not possible to stick pikmin on him.
Really? well, MK is pretty cool as well, and the person i play most mains Olimar, so I think ill just have to pick up MK as a second then.

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
Really? well, MK is pretty cool as well, and the person i play most mains Olimar, so I think ill just have to pick up MK as a second then.
See man, this is how we should do it.
Ok, so when i was playing with my Alt.Olimar, the MK mainer kept spamming NeuB and SideB.
That sh*t was annoying as hell!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Normally i would never bring in another, But Gimpy is right that you must accept your characters weakness. And there is no reason for DDD to suffer needlessly simply because of our love/ego for him.

and besides, wasnt MK a servant of DDD's or something?

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
DDD...with weaknesses!?!!?
Neglecting your own weaknesses has to be the worst mindset.
And as to MK's relation with D3, idk.
The first Kirby game I had, I didn't even know I could copy abilities! ROFL

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I haven't found a reliable way to approach Olimar without taking a ton of damage. Olimar definitely has the advantage in this matchup.

CO18

Smash Hero
:laugh:Guys. I found a Way!!!!!!!

See what you do is.....
Fsmash Olimar directly on his head until his helmet breaks.
Then he cant breathe and dies!!!!

Aiko

Smash Champion
Ive noticed Olimars tech roll and get up roll aren't really that long. You can't chain grab him as such, but if you dthrow and then run up and shield, you have enough options to attack. Get up or get up attack, you can regrab. If he rolls towards you, he ends up slightly behind so you can sh dair out of shield. If he rolls infront you can dair him or throw a waddle dee.

Also edgeguarding olimar is good because olimars recovery isnt that good. I Like to bair or fair him after hes used his 2nd jump and then edgehog for quick gimps.

Top Bottom