• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E40(ike) vs lucky (marth)

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ha i watched that this morning...
i would have luv to see the rest of him....was lucky just....lucky or was he just better....and is it a hard match up?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
hhhmmmm my secondary will be marth so i hope ill have more of an insight on that match up

WOW...i mean i no the games new but still

Betaz

Smash Ace
OMG finally!!!! =D

i have waited for a match between these two characters...i've seen some but one was always a cpu. =(

Betaz

Smash Ace
lol idk about you but any hard match where your constantly getting an asswhooping is fun in my book...in my mind losing only makes you stronger

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
so getting chaingrabbed by sheik in melee is fun? LOLOL jk jk. I kno wut u mean tho, the matches were fun/exciting but i just dont like the ACTUAL match up of ike vs marth.

Betaz

Smash Ace
so getting chaingrabbed by sheik in melee is fun? LOLOL jk jk. I kno wut u mean tho, the matches were fun/exciting but i just dont like the ACTUAL match up of ike vs marth.
hmmm what exactly do you mean? Is it because it's annoying or what >.>

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
I worried Ike would have problems with speedy characters. This confirms it.

Looks like Marth will be my main and Ike my secondary, but we'll see.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
well hell have a problem with marth he has rng AND hes fast the only other type hell be bad against quick characters with a spammable projectile

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
ike has a tough time against toon link, olimar, marth and sometimes ddd. if you go to a stage wit plat forms and thats kinda small like lylat (starfox) its a bit easier. The only thiing ddd has on ike is the chain grab and even then u can kinda get out of.

@Betaz- its the fact that marth is just faster than ike, an still has that darned tip

Betaz

Smash Ace
but the tip was nerfed as was marth's range...

as for being faster...That's what SAF are for...abuse it

MysticKenji

Smash Master
1. TOO MANY FSMASHES
2. You tried to recover using the wrong attack twice >_>
3. Not enough Bair
4. Tripping sucks
5. Marth's Usmash owns
6. @0:55-0:56 = Perfect oppurtunity for Utilt/Usmash
7: @2:47-2:48: What's with the random Usmash?

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I don't believe Ike V.S. Marth is a bad match-up. They said that Roy V.S. Marth was a bad match-up, but I do good against Marth's and I'd rather take a Marth before I take a Shiek on. So I figure Ike V.S. Marth won't be too bad, and the fact this game is more balanced. (Sheik's Fair isn't ridiculous anymore, Fox can no longer Waveshine, Marth's sword is shorter, Jigglypuff can't rest combo, Gannon can't get super recovery, Falco can't combo you to hell and stop you with lasers, Peach's down smash isn't extremely over powered, etc. etc.) Ike will standa good chance. And I don't expect the people who once ruled melee to reign in this, we'll see brand new Pros.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
That being said, Ken will still be the best. Because Ken is just that cool. *nods*

He probably won't even use Marth or Falcon, he'll use like Olimar or something. XD

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
Im sry to burst your bubble, but ken is not the best anymore. I would say its mango or either mew2king. Dunno if ken is even gonna play nemore.

red stone

Smash Ace
well the reason that ike lost was because of the use of the f-smash. too slow to be worth it. the ike didn't do any reverse bairs, which is probably his best aerial approach. the ike didn't u tilt much (best u tilt in the game so far). also, counter is not a joke move anymore. also, ike's grab game is where he excels in speed if you sheild cancel into them. ummmm, yeah, ike could have easily won.

Byakutsuki

Smash Rookie
nice match, but Ike still needs a lot of work. too many open attacks for marth's speed to take advantage of.

after awhile it just became incredibly one sided

as of now ike is definitely not close to being high tier

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Ike has decent attacking speed (I consider only four of his attacks slow) and good movement, but against speedy characters like Marth, he sadly has problems. D: I'm maining him anyways.

Ike ***** so much.

Top Bottom