• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Trailer's stages prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slambros

Smash Ace
This thread is a discussion thread for, simply, predicting which stages will appear in the e3 trailer for ssb4.
For instance, in the 2006 e3 trailer for brawl, Halberd and Battlefield were shown.
Enjoy discussion!

My prediction: Wuhu Island

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I'm going to say Skyloft (If we get Skyward sword link as our Adult design) And something like Galaxy Cruise to rep mario.

I expect to see a lot more stages right of the bat due to longer dev times, I'm just not sure what we will see.

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps...

-Wily Castle
-Final Destination
-Kokiri Forest (OoT got remade for 3DS, after all)

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Pokemon Stadium 3
That's a given I'm sure.

Let's see...
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Corneria type stage from Starfox Assault
-Mario Galaxy stage
-New Super Mario Brothers stage
-Gang-Plank Galleon if (hopefully) K. Rool is a newcomer

Those are all of my guesses.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm sure that there's gonna be a stage that's gonna represent a newcomer, like Halberd with Meta Knight. If K. Rool is announced I could see the Gangplank Galleon being there, if Ridley is announced I could see Lower Norfair being there (because every Smash game needs its acid Metroid stage.) It'd probably have to be a stage which has a really big "WOW" factor to it, like Halberd had.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Battlefield will most likely be shown.

Stages I'd hope for:

Reset Bomb Forest
Wuhu Island
Dreamland in Yarn form (Kirby's Epic Yarn)
Kongo Jungle (from DKCR)
Neo Bowser City
Skyloft

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Some Galaxy stage. Good Egg Galaxy maybe? I can dream. That music...

I actually expect FD instead of Battlefield, but I can't explain why. Just a bet.

I'm gonna second Gangplank Galleon, as I maintain that's the only true way to introduce K. Rool if he appears in the reveal trailer. Ridley honestly could fly in any which way.

In Brawl's trailer we saw Castle Seige. Maybe the revealed characters will fight in front of Grima's altar? That'd be epic. I'm not entirely sure about others though.

A Mysterious Murasame Castle stage if Takamaru shows up? (Then again, Pit didn't get one.) Little Mac could have a boxing ring though..that'd be sweet...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Some Galaxy stage. Good Egg Galaxy maybe? I can dream. That music...

I actually expect FD instead of Battlefield, but I can't explain why. Just a bet.

I'm gonna second Gangplank Galleon, as I maintain that's the only true way to introduce K. Rool if he appears in the reveal trailer. Ridley honestly could fly in any which way.

In Brawl's trailer we saw Castle Seige. Maybe the revealed characters will fight in front of Grima's altar? That'd be epic. I'm not entirely sure about others though.

A Mysterious Murasame Castle stage if Takamaru shows up? (Then again, Pit didn't get one.) Little Mac could have a boxing ring though..that'd be sweet...
Pit didn't get a stage? What? He got a stage.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Needs moar Cookie Country because every Smash needs a happy grassy paradise of death to fight in.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
This thread is a discussion thread for, simply, predicting which stages will appear in the e3 trailer for ssb4.
For instance, in the 2006 e3 trailer for brawl, Halberd and Battlefield were shown.
Enjoy discussion!

My prediction: Wuhu Island

I'm guessing an updated version of Battefield and maybe another stage...

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
My stages prediction.

Battlefield Stage.

Mario Galaxy 2 stage.

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword stage.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D stage.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My predictions if we indeed get a trailer or two this year...
-An upgraded Battlefield (expect some epic backgrounds; Brawl will look like nothing!).
-Something related to a Mario Galaxy game.
-Skyloft from the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
-Gangplank Galleon or some water/(pirate) ship Donkey Kong (Country) stage.
-Wuhu Island
-A new non-generic Star Fox stage (McBeth would be awesome, especially with the train of doom!!!)
-Pokémon Stadium 3/Pokémon Coliseum (fun fact: Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 outside of Japan is Pokémon Stadium 2 and 3 in Japan; the original Pokémon Stadium in Japan only had about half the original 151 Pokémon in it).
-Possibly a minor Nintendo series or 3rd party franchise.

Overall this is a good thread, and I hope to see it expanded as we can expect more trailers and photos released throughout the year. :shades:

Copper99

Smash Rookie
A bring back of old stages for the 64 and Temple...A stage for the bring back of Mewtwo??? :mewtwomelee:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I imagine with Pokémon we could get 3 stages this time. Here are where I think the stages will come from:

-Pokémon Stadium 3/Coliseum: It's a lock. :shades:

-A stage from Black and White 1 and/or 2: Either do the Elite Four Area, that Tower, the Battle Train(s), the huge awesome city, or that city with the amusement park.

-A stage from X & Y: Maybe the new "main town" that is pretty much Paris? There's a lot unique areas to choose from probably.

-A stage from Johto/related to HeartGold and SoulSilver. I would personally love to see the Burning Tower (or perhaps both towers even!), the (ORIGINAL!) Battle Tower, Goldenrod City, and especially Mt. Silver become a stage in smash bros (well, other than some of awesome Brawl mods at least).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
My guesses.

Battlefield for starters and keeping up the tradition. I want something very neat as a background. I'm thinking a lot of random skins representing ALL the franchises? Is that possible? The mechanics would be the same so... Maybe.

A Xenoblade stage, possibly a big one to show HD graphics. Also Xenoblade has awesome plains which deserve to be represented in Sm4sh (I actually look more forward to the stage than Shulk himself). Maybe they can go all the way and put a battle between humans and mechons on the background, something like Metal Face slaying **** up. Would be awesome.

Mario Galaxy/Universe stage. That's a given imho. Or maybe Acorn Plains from NSMBU, but I'd like more something from the 3D games.

Skyloft. Just because it would look glorious.

Anyway I hope the new stages will look much more "alive" thanks to the graphics. I want something happening in the background, like in the Xenoblade example. The Wii U can handle it. For me in fact the Lylat Cruise stage was one of the best in Brawl. Awesome looking.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i would say it a high probability that there'll be super mario galaxy stage and a skyward sword stage

and i think both wuhu island and nintendo land are likely stages (though not necessarily revealed strait away)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
We will probably get our complimentary Battlefield stage, maybe.

As for the others:

Starship Mario
Bionis Leg
Palutena's Temple

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hmm... Brawl's Trailer had Battlefield and some Halberd on it, but it would seem that MK did get a bit of attention, but what do I know? Battlefield would be recommended to stay as said before.

I'm expecting a Kid Icarus stage this time around mainly because of the high chance Palutena has, not to mention the brilliance that is Kid Icarus Uprising, though I wouldn't mind a Mario Galaxy stage as well to just imagine Bowser Jr's possible chance as well, but I prefer the former idea.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It depends what kind of trailer we get. Melee's reveal had a cinematic trailer and then a bunch of gameplay, while Brawl's was smaller, with cinema and gameplay mixed in together.

Considering we've been waiting two years for info, and considering Nintendo can basically take however long they want to talk about Smash, I expect a more Melee-styled one. We'll get cinematics to show off how gorgeous the game is and to reveal hype-inducing characters, before going more in-depth with the gameplay.

To that end, I expect to see glimpses of a decent amount of stages. At least one per character (or series, I s'pose), for the most part.
-A Mario stage. Probably from Galaxy, unless it's from the Wii U game.
-A Zelda stage. Almost certainly from Skyward Sword. Maybe from WWHD, but that's unlikely because I doubt Toonie will be confirmed in the trailer.
-Pokémon Stadium 3.
-A Kirby stage? That might be a little less likely, but if there is one, I expect it to be from Epic Yarn.
-A Metroid stage if Ridley's confirmed.
-Gangplank Galleon if King K. Rool's confirmed.
-A Sonic stage if he's reconfirmed.
-Somewhere from Xenoblade if Shulk is confirmed.
-Should Roy or Mewtwo make the trailer, I expect to see a stage for them.
-I actually don't expect a Mega Man stage in the trailer, should he be confirmed.
-Battlefield/Final Destination, of course.
-Either Nintendo Land plaza or Wuhu Island.

Now, should we get a more Brawl-styled trailer, it'll probably just be Battlefield, a teaser of a random new stage (Skyloft? Galaxy?), and a character-specific stage for one of the hype-y newcomers, like Meta Knight got. But hopefully it's more like Melee's.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
Kokiri Forest (TLOZ: OOT 3D)
Macbeth (StarFox64 3D)
Any Super Mario Galaxy Stage
China from Street Fighter II (Let me dream)
I would love to see the return of corneria. In my personal opinion this must be the stage thet appears on every smash. Also is the only that can be. It have been on 64 melee and brawl. Why not in this. It is balanced and prooved. Also fans will love it, I'm sure!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Kokiri Forest (TLOZ: OOT 3D)
Macbeth (StarFox64 3D)
Any Super Mario Galaxy Stage
China from Street Fighter II (Let me dream)
I would love to see the return of corneria. In my personal opinion this must be the stage thet appears on every smash. Also is the only that can be. It have been on 64 melee and brawl. Why not in this. It is balanced and prooved. Also fans will love it, I'm sure!
Well Corneria never appeared in 64. That was Sector Z.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That's way too bland. If they were going to make a stage specifically for Mewtwo (which I doubt) it would have to be the cave (of which the exact name of has left my mind at this moment... lol) in which he has always appeared at.

Edit: Is it just called Cerulean Cave? I forget.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
that idiot used psychic on mewtwo when he had blizzard and thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom