• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North E.G.G.S. Smash 4 Wii U Tournament 5/13 @ Game On (Clifton NJ)

Joe Calandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
JJcx82
E.G.G.S. (Everybody Gonna Get Salty) is proud to announce its first Smash 4 Wii U tournament at NJ Game On.
Game On is located at 120 Market Street in Clifton NJ. Registration begins at 6 PM and the tournament starts at 6:45. Entry is 10$ (3 entry, 7 for the pot). First and second place get 70% and 30% respectively. We will be using Apex rules with customs off. Sets will be played best 2 of 3. Winners finals, losers finals and grand finals will all be played best 3 of 5. Make sure you bring your own controller, we will have Gamecube controller adapters already set up.

Stock and time are set to 2 stock and 6 minutes for Singles
● Custom Fighters are set to off
● Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have a 1111 Mii
Brawler/Swordsman/Gunner available for use (Using Default A Mii).
No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not
allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.

B. Stage List

Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Kongo Jungle 64
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*
* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is
banned, Omegas are banned and vice versa.

C. Additional Rules

● Stage Striking: The player with port priority strikes one stage from
the Starter Stage list. Then the other player strikes one stage and
the remaining stage is used for the first match.

● Stage Clause: You cannot counterpick a stage that has already
been played on in the set.

● Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player who won the
previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter of
Counterpick lists

UrBoyKyle

Smash Rookie
Hey have you ever thought about having melee at this as well, I am from North Arlington and would bring a full setup for melee. If not thats fine just thought I would put it out there

Joe Calandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
JJcx82
We are planning on having Melee at future events, but were sticking to Sm4sh for right now. We don't have enough time at this venue to run two events.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
any chance of casual setups? Perhaps before or after more set ups are availble?

Joe Calandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
JJcx82
any chance of casual setups? Perhaps before or after more set ups are availble?
If time allows we might be able to have some friendlies on the tourney set ups. The store closes at 9 so it all depends on how long the main event actually ends up running.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Customs off? Yeah, I'm not coming to this.

You really need to get with the times bro.

Joe Calandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
JJcx82
Customs off? Yeah, I'm not coming to this.

You really need to get with the times bro.
We would possibly consider having customs if our setups had them all unlocked, but we appreciate your backhanded feedback all the same.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
We would possibly consider having customs if our setups had them all unlocked, but we appreciate your backhanded feedback all the same.
Oh but is it so important to have them unlocked? Why no just have people bring their own. You are aware that customs can be uploaded ot the Wii U correct?

Joe Calandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
JJcx82
Oh but is it so important to have them unlocked? Why no just have people bring their own. You are aware that customs can be uploaded ot the Wii U correct?
Custom fighters from the 3ds version can be used on the wii u version, I am aware. But that would require everyone who comes to have the 3ds version of the game with the customs moves of their choice unlocked, which not all wii u smash players have. By keeping this particular tournament customs off, we will alienate the least amount of people. Either way, this is our tournament and this is how we choose to organize it, no one is forcing you to come.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Custom fighters from the 3ds version can be used on the wii u version, I am aware. But that would require everyone who comes to have the 3ds version of the game with the customs moves of their choice unlocked, which not all wii u smash players have. By keeping this particular tournament customs off, we will alienate the least amount of people. Either way, this is our tournament and this is how we choose to organize it, no one is forcing you to come.
Despite my earlier "backhanded comment" I am actually just trying to help and not manipulate you in order to get the tournament I want. I work in Clifton Nj and I know the area desperately needs a tournament scene, so you can cut the cynicism with me, I want this thing to succeed.

Smply put you are going to have a lower turn out with customs off. The history of the tourney scene is this area illustrates that, you can look to The Break in Dunellen or Smash Island in Staten Island as good examples of that. And while I get the intend is good, the alienation bit is misguided, the people who be alienated the most are those who do want use customs(who are the majority). In addition, its not like those of us who bring customs mind uploading we have for other people. Obviously we won't be able to upload every custom but it's a hardly a problem since the Wii U can't hold all the custom sets anyways.

You really sure about this man?

Joe Calandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
JJcx82
Despite my earlier "backhanded comment" I am actually just trying to help and not manipulate you in order to get the tournament I want. I work in Clifton Nj and I know the area desperately needs a tournament scene, so you can cut the cynicism with me, I want this thing to succeed.

Smply put you are going to have a lower turn out with customs off. The history of the tourney scene is this area illustrates that, you can look to The Break in Dunellen or Smash Island in Staten Island as good examples of that. And while I get the intend is good, the alienation bit is misguided, the people who be alienated the most are those who do want use customs(who are the majority). In addition, its not like those of us who bring customs mind uploading we have for other people. Obviously we won't be able to upload every custom but it's a hardly a problem since the Wii U can't hold all the custom sets anyways.

You really sure about this man?
For this tournament in particular, yes I am sure. Like I said earlier, I am not opposed to customs, it just doesn't make sense yet. We only have 2.5 hours tourney time at a relatively small venue. It would just be too much of a hassle for people without them to pair up with 3ds owners, get their customs situated, upload them all, and then go through the bracket. Honestly, this tournament is really for us gaining experience and getting the name out there, so we can move to a much bigger venue in montclair that we have lined up for an all day event that includes melee (and possibly pm) as well. By that time hopefully all of the custom moves on our wii u's will be unlocked. Think of this as a practice run. I apologize for my cynicism, but your first comment hardly seemed like constructive criticism, and certainly didn't give me the impression that you want the event to be a success.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Ok cool.

Well final question, is this suppoed to be a weekly or biweekly event or a one-time thing?

On a side not the weekly I was going to attend instead got pushed to Thursdays now so I will be at this.

Joe Calandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
JJcx82
Ok cool.

Well final question, is this suppoed to be a weekly or biweekly event or a one-time thing?

On a side not the weekly I was going to attend instead got pushed to Thursdays now so I will be at this.
I'm glad you'll be joining us. If all goes as planned we would like to run events as frequently as possible. The owner of the Montclair venue has tentatively agreed on bi-monthly events, and if we/ the venue owner can handle more than we will host more. I agree that this area desperately needs a scene, and we really want to make it a reality.

Top Bottom