• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt in For Glory seems undefeatable

roygbiv91

Smash Cadet
I can't defeat a rolling duckhunt. He never goes in. Just waits and spams projectiles while rolling. I main Rosalina so i can absorb them, but if i go in i always loose. Any tips for me to solve this issue?

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Duck Hunt is definitely not undefeatable, use Luma to absorb the projectiles and then actually read the rolls, reading them will get you easy punishes

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina is arguably DHD's worst MU, so she has options, use your lingering aerials to catch rolls and aerials, and punish DHD's recovery with aerials and neutral-b when they're on the ledge.

Spirst

Eh, Rosalina is manageable in my opinion. DH has disjoints and low commitment on projectiles anyway plus Rosalina can't GP the gunmen. He doesn't lose to GP as hard as say, Pacman. Sonic is the worst in my opinion.

For dumb FG DHs, don't bother GPing everything since you don't gain any % build on him. Keep on him and don't allow him to reset to the other side to start again. Again, learn to read the rolls. Something you might be able to try is making use of Luma as an extension of Rosalina to make him feel unsafe throughout the stage. Rollers are annoying but tend to get preditctable and that's where you, picking up on their pattern, can followup hard. But yeah, just keep wailing on DH and the bad ones should crack under the pressure.

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
Rosalina is arguably DHD's worst MU, so she has options, use your lingering aerials to catch rolls and aerials, and punish DHD's recovery with aerials and neutral-b when they're on the ledge.
the worst MU is sonic followed by either Falcon or Little Mac. Rosalina is difficult and in her favor by a longshot but I still think she's beatable probably on the scale of a 7-3 or 6.5-3.5 MU

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Rosalina is NOT 7-3 or 6.5-3.5 imo. No character that gives us time to set-up ever will be, even if they can invalidate it a bit.

You just need to wall her out with gunmen, and keep the can as a wall and not pressure her with it. Their go-to strategy will be roll-ins, so the can helps shut that down.

She still can't break through, the worst part of the matchup is landing/returning to neutral honestly.

I have a lot of practice against them, including against Dabuz and it was infuriating at first, but now i think it's 6-4 at worst.

Though wifi rosalina is possibly 7-3, since you can't punish her rolls or air dodges or anything really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom