• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt - How to use the cans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Warning Received

Hopefully this video I made will clear up exactly how the can works and the potential it has. The closest thing to compare it to is Snake's C4.

Duck Hunt's can is a really unique projectile. Once thrown out it will hang around for 10-15 secs, and you are always free to shoot it with B to use it. You are also free to attack it to move it, and while in the air you can shoot again. You can also shoot it while moving - the same goes for the Side B, Clay Pigeon.

But basically as this video showcases the cans are great utility. You can use them with camping, you can use it to help with your approaches, you can let it be around to use for future combos. The potential is great and I'm looking forward to

I can't stress enough that the game has only been out a few days. There will be more better set-ups with the can that will also lead up to real combos in the future but you can't really expect that in a few days. There is also much potential to combine Duck Hunt's all three projectiles, which I will focus on exploring in the coming days. And I'm sure a lot of people are better at using them than me - and have found more set-ups - but just wanted to showcase a bit.

I'm a bit sad that I forgot to add the Can > U-tilt that sends it up into the air though, I'll make a short clip later.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Ok so I dunno if this counts as double posting but since it has gone a few days and it feels like a waste to make another topic...

This goes through all of Duck Hunt's projectiles and how they work.

I also end the clip with some combo's you can pull of with all three of them.

If you haven't read up on Duck Hunt yet I think it will be very informative. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom