• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt Dog Alts

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
All Duck Hunt Dog alts!
If color 7 had the red duck instead of brown and blue than I could understand Duckhunt having an alt named after Banjo & Kazooie.

Shog

Smash Ace
The Banjo from the bad third game has actually the darker color of 6, hence why it makes more sense to be called Bandog-Kaduckie/whatever fits

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
I really like the dalmatian alt! That'll definitely be the one that I will use most.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Do you guys think #5 might be inspired by Pluto? Mickey Mouse's dog?

I'm totally going to pretend he is :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Lemme try to name all the breeds these could be seen as:
1) Dalmatian
2) Beagle/ St. Bernard/ Boston Terrier/ Bulldog
3) Regular DHD is a Bloodhound
4) Dachshund/ Rottweiler/ German Shepherd/ Doberman Pinscher
5) Corgi/ Chow Chow/ Chesapeake
6) Banjo & Kazooie
7) Chocolate Labrador/ Brittany/ King Charles Spaniel
8) Golden Retriever/ Labrador Retriever/ Greyhound
Now try to identify the different duck species! I think I see a mallard... then again, that's the only duck name I know! :awesome:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Now try to identify the different duck species! I think I see a mallard... then again, that's the only duck name I know! :awesome:
I'm pretty sure they're all just different colored Mallards xD

(Also I have to look it up and I'm lazy :p)

EDIT: ok I actually looked this up and all the ducks are just Mallards, no other duck species have that distinct "collar"

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

1 . . . . . 2 . . . . 3 . . . . . 4 . . . . 5 . . . . . 6 . . . . 7 . . . . 8

Which is your Favourite Palette Swap for Duck Hunt?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Let me tell a story about a game I played as a kid about a bear and a duck on an adventure: Open Season.

Gotcha.

But I played it a lot and it kinda is "my" Banjo Kazooie, and while there isn't a palette swap resembling Boog the Bear, the duck is very similar to duck #2.

#7 is faboulous too, so vibrant.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I wonder if any of these recolors are references to different dog breeds that are available in Nintendogs... I know the dalmatian is in Nintendogs.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
BRO I LITERALLY CALLED IT!!! HOT DAMN BANJO KAZOOIE :D
You're trying to tell me THIS
is supposed to be this?

Nuh Uh... no. Nothing in the color properties resembles that pattern, particularly since each is DUAL colored, and even if the first color of either was even in somewhat the same category (which is questionable with the dog, who gears much more toward Black), the secondary under-color for each is absolutely off in BOTH.

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
You're trying to tell me THIS

is supposed to be this?

Nuh Uh... no. Nothing in the color properties resembles that pattern, particularly since each is DUAL colored, and even if the first color of either was even in somewhat the same category (which is questionable with the dog, who gears much more toward Black), the secondary under-color for each is absolutely off in BOTH.
I don't really care, it's a brown dog and a red duck. That's close enough for me!

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
All Duck Hunt Dog alts!
i use primarily 2 and 4. dalmatian is cute, too, but the grey ears are weird to me. 6 and 7 i also like. i can't remember 5 or 8 very well, but i think one of them had legs of a different color than their body.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Lol idc, why you trying to rain on my parade bro? It's the closest thing to Banjo & Kazooie for me so I'm happy! :D don't understand why you're trying to to change that

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Lol idc, why you trying to rain on my parade bro? It's the closest thing to Banjo & Kazooie for me so I'm happy! :D don't understand why you're trying to to change that
I am trying to challenge that because it is a delusional existence

Shog

Smash Ace
Yeah people explained it (do I have to explain it to DukeNapoleon?) We are not saying it is the same, but pretty damn similar. That's why there are joke names for other alts.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah people explained it (do I have to explain it to DukeNapoleon?) We are not saying it is the same, but pretty damn similar. That's why there are joke names for other alts.
I understand the connection of the characters to these two; I've understood that since the initial Ninka leak.

Yet, the coloring of the specific listing in question is just, without doubt, completely irrelevant. Might as well cite the dalmatian as having Banjo Kazooie's colors because it might as well has have the same intentions behind it.

Last edited:

The Animator

Smash Journeyman

1: Auggie Doggie
2:Donald Duck & Goofy
3: Beethoven
4: McGruff, or Santa's Little Helper
5: Pongo
6: Lassie
7: Donald Duck & Pluto, or Odie, or Old Yeller
8: Banjo-Kazooie

I'll go with Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom