• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt amiibo leaked?

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
(I don't know if this would go under this or Duck Hunt character discussion, so sorry if this isn't the right place.) But, I found this video on a website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZVw_RKKdrM showing someone using a Duck Hunt amiibo. Do you think it's true?

Edit: It turns out this isn't a leak, but apparently it was a video showing that Duck Hunt amiibo data was found. Not 100% confirmed real, but if it is real, this is still pretty cool it was found.

Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo already stated that all characters in Smash Bros. will have an Amiibo. However, I am surprised to see Duck Hunt so early. I was expecting him to be revealed like in the last wave of Amiibo or something. I better start saving up my money for that Amiibo. I know for a fact that this Amiibo will be gone once they hit the shelves, due to Duck Hunt dog's popularity.

EDIT: Nevermind. That guy spoofed the nfc chip inside the Amiibo causing the game to believe that it read a Duck Hunt amiibo instead. But the actual Amiibo probably won't be out until a while from now.

Last edited:

3DSplayer

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArcanineTrainer
I think the more important question is what the amiibo would look like, because we have the duck flying.
But on topic of the 'hacking', I'm curious on what other data he could potentially find.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Man... first they leaked Duck Hunt for SSB4... now they might have leaked Duck Hunt amiibo? What's next? Leaking the new Duck Hunt game?

Leak it now!

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Its not like the plastic luma could levitate the whole time. Not YET ;)
I know it needs to be like that, but it just ruins the look as a whole. Surely they had amiibo in mind when making the trophies, the amiibo reader was built in to the Wii U at release, so they could've made the trophy different to make the amiibo easier to create.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBimdjWyFh0 Looks like mr. Game and Watch has data too. :4gaw:
All Characters have data. That guy can access every character, via one Amiibo if he wanted to. Every characters Amiibo data is already in game, so intelligent hackers can hack the Amiibo to make the game read something else..

Man... first they leaked Duck Hunt for SSB4... now they might have leaked Duck Hunt amiibo? What's next? Leaking the new Duck Hunt game?

Leak it now!
I wish...

Last edited by a moderator:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
I cannot wait for the Duck Hunt amiibo!!! It's my most wanted amiibo. The minute they announce it I'm going to quickly pre order it.

Top Bottom