• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt alt poll!

Which Duck Hunt alternate costume is your favourite?

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Dark Brown, Gray and Teal Blue Duck

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Dark Brown and White Belly, Teal Blue and Dark red Duck

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Brown Dog & Duck

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Dalmatian

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Brown and Light Brown Belly, Blue-headed Duck

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Yellow, Green-headed Duck

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Dark Brown, Red Duck

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters

Fogs

Smash Cadet
So, I recently made a few polls for some of my favourite characters, and since the results until now were interesting decided to make some more. This is Duck Hunt's!
Basically, you vote for the alt costume you consider your favourite, or the one you use the most. Maybe post some comments too?
(Please bear with me! Duck Hunt's alts are hard to describe, heh!)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For me... the original one... then the dalmatian one... then the Banjo-Kazooie one...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I quite like the Dalmatian alt.

Rosco

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2208-5202-8834
Original is great, but I also like sepia Duck Hunt. I have a liking for all the old time alts like the greyscales and sepias.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I switch from Original, to the lab (yellow) one and the classic black and green duck

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I like the Rottweiler/Coonhound one with the Blue duck, even though I dislike Rottweilers as a dog breed because they scare me.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I use the Dark Brown, Gray and Teal Blue Duck, because the duck looks like a Mallard (favorite bird) and the dog looks exactly the one that I've had since I was 2 that died recently.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
As someone who changes outfits every single match, here's the list of outfits I usually start & end with, depending on where I am in FG:

Teams:

1. Dalmatian
2. Dark Brown, Gray and Teal Blue Duck (aka Pitbull? :confused:)
3. Dark Brown and White Belly, Teal Blue and Dark red Duck
4. Yellow, Green-headed Duck (aka "Snickers Dawg" XD)
5. Brown Dog & Duck
6. Dark Brown, Red Duck (aka "Banjo Kazooie" XD)
7. Brown and Light Brown Belly, Blue-headed Duck
8. Default

FFA / 1v1

1. Dalmatian
2. Dark Brown, Red Duck
3. Brown and Light Brown Belly, Blue-headed Duck
4. Dark Brown, Gray and Teal Blue Duck
5. Dark Brown and White Belly, Teal Blue and Dark red Duck
6. Yellow, Green-headed Duck
7. Brown Dog & Duck
8. Default

Is 1. my favorite outfit that I also voted for in the poll? Yes. Why? The Duck with the Orange Head and Green/Blue-ish (?) Feathers. That the dog is a dalmation is just visual icing on the cake. :3

Why the different order for Teams? It's to stand out amongst the teammates. Having a red coloured being on the blue team, and vice versa, can be very confusing for everyone involved, myself included.

Why is default in last place? Why would I keep changing outfits every single match? Visual variety is one of many spices offered. Default is usually the most common outfit in any fighter, period, and thus is boring in comparison to every other outfit offered.

Would I make an exception? Absolutely, for when someone else is the dog. Whichever outfit that player repped is one I deliberately try to avoid, so I don't confuse myself with that other player (and vice versa), and also for visual variety. At least the dog is not Sonic, Ganondorf, or especially Pac-Man. :D

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I used to stay as Dalmatian. Now I switch it up on For Glory because I made cute dog and duck names to use depending on colors that is most closest to the name so brown dog will be SCOOBYDOO, dalmatian will be SNOOPY because it is white, DAFFYDUCK for the black feathered duck which can be found on the yellow dog and etc.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
"Brown and Light Brown Belly, Blue-headed Duck"

Reason? It resembles my childhood dog, Simba, who was a St. Bernard. Sadly, he past away a few years ago, but I like to choose this skin in remembrance of him. I equally like the "Brown Dog & Duck" because it resembles my current dog, Charlie, who's a brown Labrador.

But to be honest, I love all of Duck Hunt's alts. They're all perfectly designed and resemble other dog breeds, too, which I love. "But I use Brown and Light Brown Belly, Blue-headed Duck and Brown Dog & Duck" more often.

And lets not forget that Banjo-Kazooie alt.

Last edited:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157

Originally I liked the default more but now I like this one the most.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I've always rocked the default. Changing to a different alt messes with my eyes.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I've always rocked the default. Changing to a different alt messes with my eyes.
I've actually been using Dalmation for non-customs and Brown/Cream doggy for customs, just to keep them separate. Cuteness ho!

Top Bottom