• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow to BAir and NAir?

AegonTheConqueror

Smash Rookie
Hello! This is my first post! (Besides the meet and greet post)

I've landed dthrow to bair most of the time, but sometimes Luigi just doesnt turn around and I end up doing a Fair. BTW I'm only talking about the 3DS version. Anyone have tips for this? I've tried holding back before he lands, I've tried waiting for him to land then I hit back to turn around, but it's usually too slow.

Also does Nair have a sweet spot or is it a frame that kills early? Sometimes it kills at 120%, sometimes it won't kill til 160%. I know it could be the stage ceiling that affects it. Great to meet other Luigi mains BTW!

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
I've landed dthrow to bair most of the time, but sometimes Luigi just doesnt turn around and I end up doing a Fair. I've tried holding back before he lands, I've tried waiting for him to land then I hit back to turn around, but it's usually too slow.

Also does Nair have a sweet spot or is it a frame that kills early? Sometimes it kills at 120%, sometimes it won't kill til 160%. I know it could be the stage ceiling that affects it. Great to meet other Luigi mains BTW!
Nice to meet you too!

I usually wait until just as the throw animation ends before giving the control pad / analog a quick flick to turn around and buffering a jump. My suggestion is just to practise the timing on training until you've got it down to like a 95% success rate.

Nair does have a sweet spot but it's only active for the first couple frames. After that it just gets the regular hitbox. Taken from the frame data thread:

Nair
Frame 3- 5: 12% 20b/90g (KO@ 183%) 90°
Frame 6-31: 6% 20b/100g (KO@ 303%) 80°

TriTails

Smash Lord
Welcome to Luigi boards!

And anyway, if you find it's a hassle to turn around, try to do a quick dash, jump, then B-air them from behind. No, it's not a guaranteed combo. I had my moments on failing to hit the enemy due to air dodges, but I think it's just me that is too slow.

N-air kills at earlier frame, right when the foot sticks out. It doesn't kill very early though...

Now I know why they nerf his N-air from Brawl. I heard it kills around 100% when hitting clean. Thing is, his new D-throw combined with his Brawl N-air....

His combo is just as crazy as Diddy's.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Welcome to Luigi boards!

And anyway, if you find it's a hassle to turn around, try to do a quick dash, jump, then B-air them from behind. No, it's not a guaranteed combo. I had my moments on failing to hit the enemy due to air dodges, but I think it's just me that is too slow.

N-air kills at earlier frame, right when the foot sticks out. It doesn't kill very early though...

Now I know why they nerf his N-air from Brawl. I heard it kills around 100% when hitting clean. Thing is, his new D-throw combined with his Brawl N-air....

His combo is just as crazy as Diddy's.
N-air in Brawl was insane. It did kill in the 100s, it had such powerful knockback.

TriTails

Smash Lord
N-air in Brawl was insane. It did kill in the 100s, it had such powerful knockback.
Yep. Imagine Luigi's Smash 4 D-throw and Brawl N-air combined.

You can literally D-throw at 100s, quickly double jump then N-air, BAM! Stock taken.

Yeah, I strongly believe they nerf his N-air because of his new D-throw. Otherwise, his combos and kill options would be OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom