• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow > Fair CG Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coney

Smash Master
Hello IC mainers. Your weapons are new and foreign tools to me, a humble DDDsmith, and I wish to know more of your tools.

After spending about 10 minutes total with IC's tonight, I got some semblance of the Dthrow>Fair chaingrab down. Thing is, that seems like an awfully quick time and I'm sure I haven't learned it with everyone.

Just to check my form (I'll practice more later, but I just wanted to know if there was anything to improve),

I'm grabbing with Popo, waiting a moment, and then doing a quarter-circle to initiate the dthrow and put Nana into position to fair, almost like a hadouken. I was doing this on Mario with results, but he'd hit the ground by the third time. How do I get him up so I can grab him like normal again? Just a regular jab?

Also, does this particular combo lead into anything? That is to say, if I stop at Nana's fair, can I do anything from there, escapable or no?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Once the other person starts falling down, you can shoot an ice block to force your opponent to stand up. However, s/he can tech the fair, so this isn't very reliable. Once your enemy is at a percentage at which fair can be teched, it's better to do alt grabs instead.

Coney

Smash Master
Oh ****, Amanita :O

You're actually the one who inspired me to pick up IC's. I saw your match with Plank on Smashville. I showed it to everyone I play with--the alt CG's on the last stock just when the music kicks in, Lord that's great.

Anyway. ilu.

I looked at a few videos and saw that after about three Fair CG's that's it. Still trying to get the timing for the alternating grabs. Having some trouble but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Thanks!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i find the fthrow -> fair easier to pull off. plus once you get them to a high enough percent you can put them in an IBL for major annoyance.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Once you start spiking the enemy with that combo, you could try an Ice Block Lock, or smash them if you are close to the edge of the stage, thus setting up an edgehog/guard. However, both of these require that the enemy not tech the hit. As Fly_Amanita said, alt. throws are more reliable (if more difficult to pull off) when the enemy is that damaged.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Use the sticky please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom