• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DThrow Combo Thread

KeeblerGuy

Smash Cadet
If anyone has any more things to add, please post it. I will credit anyone who finds new things. Here is what I have so far. (Shameless Plug: Ripped from my own guide.)

DThrow: Light Characters (Tested on G&W)
~0%-20%
Run+USmash, not guaranteed
Cannot Utilt
Dair
Bair
NOT RECOMMENDED TO UAIR THESE CHARACTERS AT THIS PERCENTAGE

~25%-40%
2 Front Uairs
Back of Uair --> Bair, not guaranteed
Front of Uair --> UpB, not guaranteed
Dair
Bair

~45%-60%
Uair --> Double Jump --> Uair
Dair
Bair
Fair

~60%-80%
Bair
Fair

~65%-110%
Only 1 Uair followups via Full Jump and Quick Double Jump.

DThrow: Medium Characters (Tested on Mario)
~0%-20%
Run+Usmash, can possibly get 2. 1 Utilt. Can get 1 Uair, must freefall to get another grab --> Repeat until higher percentage.
Dair

~25%-32%
Combo String: DThrow --> Front of Uair --> Utilt --> Back of Uair --> Bair
Bair
Dair
Fair

~35%-50%
2 Uairs at front. Back of Uair --> Bair
Dair
Bair
Fair

~53-56%
Front of Uair off the stage --> Fair (Hard to pull off)

~55%-60%
2 Front Uairs, but different timing (Need to wait a fraction of a second for 2nd Uair)
No more Back Uairs followups
Dair
Bair
Fair

~65%-75%
Front Uair --> Double Jump --> Nair
Dair
Bair
Fair

~80%-105%
Uair
Fair
Bair

~110%-130%
Double Jump --> Uair
Double jump --> Fair
DThrow: Heavy Characters (Tested on Expand Dong aka DK)
~0-20%
Combo String: Dthrow --> 4 at 0, Realistically 1-2 Utilts --> Back of Uair or Bair --> Bair --> FSmash or Ftilt (Hard to followup at 20%)
4 Utilts
Run+USmash
Uair+Fastfall --> Grab --> Repeat
Dair

~25%-65%
Combo String at 25%: Utilt --> Front of Uair --> Front of Uair --> Ftilt or FSmash
Combo String at 25%: Utilt --> Back of Uair --> Bair
Utilt no longer hits at 27%
Combo String: Front of Uair --> UpB
2 Front Uairs
Bair
Dair

~70%-105%
Uair --> Double Jump --> Uair
Bair
Dair

Happy comboing!

Dobbston

Smash Apprentice
There's already a combo thread and a combo is only a combo if it is hit confirmable; just go to training mode to check if something combos. The only practical way to learn combos is to record the exact percents on each character they can be used on.

KeeblerGuy

Smash Cadet
There's already a combo thread and a combo is only a combo if it is hit confirmable; just go to training mode to check if something combos. The only practical way to learn combos is to record the exact percents on each character they can be used on.
My apologies, if a moderator could take down this thread, I will submit these to the combo thread.

Top Bottom