• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSi + ad hoc + Cisco Access Network?

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
So In my college, we have this awesome [by which I mean ****ty] thing called Cisco Clean Access Network, by which people who go to the school enter their school ID and a password to browse the internet [whether it be WiFi or Ethernet into the wall]. This makes it so my DSi cannot connect to the WiFi on campus. Yesterday I got the genius idea to create an ad hoc network and share internet connectivity with my DSi so I could finally start utilizing Pokemon Platinum's WiFi capabilities. The DSi did not pick up the network, but the wifi connection screen in Pokemon Platinum did. Alas for whatever reason I still could not connect to the ad hoc network. Beaten, but not defeated I decided to go back into the DSi's internet connection menu, and used my computer's IP Address and the like to try and connect again [manually] Well it recognized the network, but it still wouldn't let me connect. Now that I'm defeated, I was wondering if anyone here my be able to elaborate on my scenario a little bit more or perhaps provide some sort of solution. Thanks for the help of anyone who does : )

Superstar

Smash Champion
I think there was a section on the Cisco Clean Access Agent thing, for FIU, on connecting game consoles to WiFi.

Linux doesn't have to deal with it, just log in when in the browser. I assume DSi web browser can do the same, but...you want WiFi.

I can't help you further, today was my last day of school.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're going to have to ask a bit more of a specific question. You can't just say "fix this situation for me".

Also, try Googling around for a bit first. For example, look at the first two hits for: "Cisco Clean Access nintendo DS"

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
You're going to have to ask a bit more of a specific question. You can't just say "fix this situation for me".

Also, try Googling around for a bit first. For example, look at the first two hits for: "Cisco Clean Access nintendo DS"
This topic is the 4th hit XD most of them just connect to other college campuses, but my college campus just says to get the USB connector [which is currently not being produced anymore...]

I'm not exactly how to elaborate on my situation anymore than I have. Are there any specs you're looking for?

ngstarred

Smash Rookie
This topic is the 4th hit XD most of them just connect to other college campuses, but my college campus just says to get the USB connector [which is currently not being produced anymore...]

I'm not exactly how to elaborate on my situation anymore than I have. Are there any specs you're looking for?

Here I'll be more specific......My school uses the same thing...I'm also having trouble....but listen when you try to connect to the network...on a mac or windows computer you must download the cisco agent to get access to the internet....the dsi however is treated like a computer an is asked to downlaod the agent....iphones and blackberrys arent asked to download the agent....the question is how can we make it so that the cisco agent detects the dsi as a handheld rather than a windows or mac computer?? The tech people are looking into it here because they dont want similar issues with other handhelds...maybe someone has the answer??

Top Bottom