• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dry Bones for Brawl!

skullkidd

Smash Ace
DRY BONES

Dry Bones deserves a spot on the Super Smash Brothers Brawl roster. Although he's been overlooked by fans, he could contribute a lot to the game.

Just look at him! He's so cool looking, and even though he may be part of the Mario roster, he brings out the not-so-jolly side of the series. Regular Koopas have been considered as becoming a member of the roster, but there is no need for them, with upgraded versions such as Dry Bones and Bowser Jr. His chances may be higher than people think.

Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Paper Mario
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Mario Superstar Baseball
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party 7
Super Princess Peach
Mario Party 8
New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Strikers Charged

That is a list of all the Mario games that Dry Bones has been featured in. In the earlier games, Dry Bones was just an enemy usually in dungeons. But in recent games, such as Mario Superstar Baseball, Mario Kart DS, Mario Party 7&8, he has been featured as a playable character. This has raised his popularity very recently, opening doors for him to be included in SSBB.

I've also created a possible moveset for Dry Bones, proving that one could be made. Let me know what you think.

Stats
Attack: 3.5
Range: 3
Jump: 4
Speed: 4.5
Height: 2
Weight: 1

Moves
A: Quick punches-intensity grows when A is pressed repeatedly
A^: Skull slam-Dry Bones does a headbutt by flicking his neck and making his skll detatch from his body to hit an enemy and then stick back on.
A>: Bones hit-whacks the opponent with a big bone the way you would swing a baseball bat
Av: Bone slam-Dry Bones puts a bone above his head and slams it down in front of him, hitting the foe.

B: Bone throw-a small bone is lobbed at the foe (Idea introduced in Super Mario World)
B^: Fly bones-he grows a pair of bone wings that he uses to fly upward, damaging opponents he passes by and helping him recover from falls...the wings fall off after landing.
B>: Skeletal Spin-Dry Bones goes into his shell and speeds across the battlefield, knocking into foes. (Similar to Yoshi's Egg)
Bv: Regenerate-Dry Bones gains some energy, but his attack power is lowered for a short time afterwards. (He can do that, he's dead.)

Tilt^: Dry Bones swings his bone in an arch over his head.
Tilt>: Dry Bones jabs his fingers into his opponent
Tiltv: When you press down, DB goes into his shell, and when you press A, he comes back out, spinning around with limbs flailing.
Charge A: Dry Bones does a belly-flop kind of leap in the middle of his run.

Aerial: All of his bones spread out, hitting everyone nearby.
UAerial: Upward punch
FAerial: The bones in his hands spread out and he claps them aroud an opponent.
BAerial: His leg bones extend and kick behind him
DAerial: Several tiny bones are dropped.

Grab: Dry Bones takes the enemy into his rib cage and squeezes them with his ribs to damage them.
UThrow: Dry Bones opens his ribs to the sky and forces the enemy out.
FThrow: Dry Bones expells the enemy and some bones along with them for extra damage.
BThrow: Dry Bones lets the enemy out of his rib cage and then takes them in his jaw and whips them behind him.
DThrow: Dry Bones pushing the foe downward and slides all over them in his shell for a few seconds.

This shows that Dry Bones would make a great possible character in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, with a moveset and appearence like no other.

If there is apready a Dry Bones support thread, I apologize in advance, but I did search for one and had no luck, so I figured i'd make one.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Haven't you seen what happened to Hammer Bro? Dry Bones will be lucky to have the same fate.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
What do you expect?
Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon have the most characters out of all the Nintendo games, and have been the most successful.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
No, thanks. Toad > Dry Bones. Dry Bones will likely make it in as an AT, though.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Dry bones will become an AT I think.

He's a generic character, and we all know what Sakurai is doing to generic characters!

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Ahhh, the few hour debate. I think he'd be a cool addition, but like others have said, he's lucky to make it to AT status...

Blackadder

Smash Master
As far as I'm concenrned, all genric characters are AT's.

And Dry bones was only in Mario Kart as a filler character.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Yeah yeah, everyone is going back to Hammer Bros.
Hammer Bros. and Dry Bones have both appeared in about the same number of games.
I like Dry Bones better because of his originality, Hammer Bros. are too similar to regular Koopas.
I guess its just a matter of personal preference.

Top Bottom