• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drop Cancel Aerials

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
You guys probably remember ppa0's combo video (Nair Chronicles) and how sexy those Nair combos were.

Well I realized that drop canceling Nair and Bair are actually hella easy @_@. I mean, maybe everyone else knew and I didn't, but I thought that this was worth a thread because Luigi players need to know all of their options. And it's sexy as hell.

Basically you just drop and press A or C-stick (for Nair or Bair) really fast. That's it. But it'll only really work if you're making contact with an opponent (if you're N/Bair-ing the empty air, you'll just fall through). See, previously I thought that it was just drop canceling in the air and when I tried and failed, I figured it was just really hard. But it's NOT. You just need to have something to hit. xD

So basically it's hot. Today I landed Nair -> Dsmash -> Fsmash on Ganon. Nair ends so quickly that at low % you can get such easy combos.

Anyways, it's actually harder to actually GET into a situation where you'd be able to use Drop Cancels than it is to actually use it. But again, we need to know all of our options.

Nair Chronicles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqnRG5AQcL8

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Another note, if you want to practice, just do what ppa0 did. Go into training, take someone to YS and put them on a platform. Feed them a Star, jump up there, and just drop cancel Nair them over and over. Lack of C-stick doesn't matter because you're doing Nairs.

Top Bottom