• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dracula's Castle and Metal Cavern not working

KampfyChair

Smash Rookie
Simple as that. Just plugged in Brawl and loaded up hacks for the first time in almost a year, excited to try Project M. Everything is spectacular, except that the Metal Cavern and Dracula's Castle stages freeze my wii every time I try and play them. On Metal Cavern, I get the beep of death, but I don't usually get any sound from selecting Dracula's Castle. It just freezes on the loading screen.

I think this could have happened as a result of me misinterpreting the directions in the install guide. I deleted my custom stages - like, stage builder stages - but I don't think I deleted either of the (broken and unused) custom stages I tried replacing Luigi's Mansion and (I think) Mari Bros with a long time ago. I can't remember what they were - once again, this is my first time playing in over a year.

What should I do? Is there a file I simply need to delete and re-replace in the stage folder? Or do I need to delete everything and run a full re-install?

I'm currently loading via Gecko OS on the Homebrew Channel if it makes any difference.

KampfyChair

Smash Rookie
Erased all my stage files (in stage > melee, right?), ran a full re-install, they all still don't work. Anybody have any solutions? I'm not tempted to run a full clean of my SD Card - I have a lot of non-Brawl related programs and channels I intend to keep.

KampfyChair

Smash Rookie
Just got back from a bit of a hiatus. Tried what you told me, it didn't work. :( Thanks for trying to help though!

KampfyChair

Smash Rookie
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind as a last resort. But first, important info:

UPDATE:

The fix you gave me earlier actually DID fix the metal cavern stage! That was the one giving the most trouble on My Music. However, Dracula's castle still doesn't work. I know I tried to replace a stage over Luigi's Mansion once upon a time and the problem's been there since. I replaced the luigi's mansion stage file and ran a reinstall, however, is there some separate file that may need replacing, such as a texture or something?

Top Bottom