• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario Stage Idea

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Okay, so apparently there was supposed to be a Dr. Mario themed stage in Smash (along with the viruses as stage hazards), but that was scrapped (thanks, Sakurai!). Most people assume any Dr. Mario stage is going to somehow be set in a bottle with pills falling and stuff like that. I just thought of an idea that's ouside the box..... or bottle, if you will.

What about a Dr. Mario stage that looks like this:

Yeah, it's a little generic, but it also opens up the option to include the lesser known/remembered things from the Dr. Mario game such as......

And my personal favorite:

Along with so many others that most people probably don't even know exist!

The bottle can and should still be included as well. Maybe the Doc stage can be a transforming stage that starts in the bottle and then you get dumped onto the tree and eventually inside the UFO? Okay, maybe that last part is getting a little off track. Either way, I really hope Sakurai considers giving Doc a stage in Smash 4 via DLC.

Last edited:

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
Would the stage be a retro-styled stage like Duck Hunt, Balloon Fight, and 75m, or would it take this concept and make it a more modern stage like Wrecking Crew?

Also, I have to admit this is a very unique and cool idea. You're right about people not knowing about this... I actually had no idea Dr. Mario had an ending! For the stage itself, it would be neat if the objects in the ending came as either background elements or stage hazards, and perhaps the UFO as a stage boss or stage transformation like you said. Or what if it came, picked the fighters up, and took them for a ride through the sky? Haha, who knows? I hope Dr. Mario gets a stage as well; he deserves more than just a few songs.

EDIT: The URL you gave doesn't work with the censor. If you don't want to swear, I uploaded the image to Imgur here.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Would the stage be a retro-styled stage like Duck Hunt, Balloon Fight, and 75m, or would it take this concept and make it a more modern stage like Wrecking Crew?

Also, I have to admit this is a very unique and cool idea. You're right about people not knowing about this... I actually had no idea Dr. Mario had an ending! For the stage itself, it would be neat if the objects in the ending came as either background elements or stage hazards, and perhaps the UFO as a stage boss or stage transformation like you said. Or what if it came, picked the fighters up, and took them for a ride through the sky? Haha, who knows? I hope Dr. Mario gets a stage as well; he deserves more than just a few songs.

EDIT: The URL you gave doesn't work with the censor. If you don't want to swear, I uploaded the image to Imgur here.
Thanks for the reply, glad you liked the idea, and thanks for helping with the image. I submitted the post and didn't even realize the image didn't load (lol @ the censor, though!). I've now corrected it with the link you posted, I really appreciate that, by the way.

Regarding the stage, I do think the other elements should probably be hazards, though I guess they could just fly in the background like things do in stages like Dreamland 64 and Smashville.

theyellowcub

Smash Rookie
I think the new Miracle Cure doctor's office could serve as well as a good starting point for a stage. Maybe an outside view of the Dr.Mario hospital? I really like the ideas on the main post of the thread :D

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Welp, here ya go.

This stage was leaked recently, and looks pretty legit.
We've been discussing it in the Social thread. I've somewhat debunked it, but there's still a chance it might be real. I'd love for it to be real, but I'm leaning towards fake now, unfortunately.

sovereigntea

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0146-9845-1024
I'd love to see a stage take place in the bottle with falling vitamins that alter and adjust the stage and cause damage. I understand that not many people would like a gimmicky stage but it doesn't really matter since every just uses the omega version anyways

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I'd love to see a stage take place in the bottle with falling vitamins that alter and adjust the stage and cause damage. I understand that not many people would like a gimmicky stage but it doesn't really matter since every just uses the omega version anyways
The majority of standard form stages in the game are gimmicky, though.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Well they do have a Dr.Mario stage leak already

sovereigntea

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0146-9845-1024
The majority of standard form stages in the game are gimmicky, though.
Yes, but I mostly play for glory so I don't really see them much. I wish that the omega stages just got rid of gimmicks and kept the stage layouts with some minor alterations

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I like how you say its fake but there is a real leak
There is no real leak. The guy that faked it admitted it was fake and showed how he faked it. Thus..... fake.

Yes, but I mostly play for glory so I don't really see them much. I wish that the omega stages just got rid of gimmicks and kept the stage layouts with some minor alterations
Maybe they could do that and call it "Alpha" mode. Or, at the very least, just give an option to turn off stage hazards. That would make several stages tourney eligible (in my opinion).

Last edited:
Top Bottom