• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down tilt vs Forward tilt?

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
I use Ftilt for more ranged punishes and for one good, clean hit. Also has less endlag if you miss. I use this more often.
Dtilt is great when I need the fastest punish available and don't feel like jabbing. The lasting hitbox is great for giving you space. Also better at low %s ccuz you can dash grab them immediately.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
D-tilt is one our fastest moves, so I use it for punishes and to prevent a punish from opp.
I use silt more for spacing our to punch them off stage. When opp is recovering (and I'm edge guarding) I usually play safe and use d-tilt's lasting hitbox, although ftilt has more benefit.

Reverbo

Smash Rookie
I use ftilt more often for punish, and dtilt more often for spacing.

Super ninja panda

Smash Rookie
D-tilt is frame 4 and f-tilt is frame 8 I think sorry if I'm wrong . But sometimes they fall out of D-tilt so what better it's
up to you.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I am using Down Tilt mainly as poke and spacing over how fast the move is, the range and how long the hits are. like DownTilt OoS is excellent or after rolling and you expect them to your them to roll or run to you
I dont use FTilt that often but I often using them as either Pivot surprice FTilt or as punish

Last edited:
Top Bottom