• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down tilt spike?

Chaos Reign

Smash Cadet
Does Link's dtilt still spike? If it does, what's an effective way to pull it off? I was thinking you can make it hit opponents as they come up from the ledge but I haven't been able to do it yet...so any advice would be appreciated.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Yeah, it still does meteor smash, but I don't think I've killed with it yet.
Use it against characters with recoveries that don't automatically grab the edge, like Sonic's.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Most often, the spike worked only when the enemy was ABOVE Link when I was doing his D-tilt. I'm not sure what that's all about.

Forlin

Smash Cadet
His hilt,not the sword tip spikes, iirc.

Now I'm trying to remember where I read that.

Chaos Reign

Smash Cadet
I always thought that it has to hit with the small backslash that comes out behind link near the end of the move but the hilt is probably a better explanation.

Forlin, if you could find whatever it is you read and post it here that would be great.

Top Bottom