• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down throw kill percent data compilation

Doc. (ThatAlphGuy?)

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I think it would be a good idea to pool together and form a list of the kill percents for the whole cast with the down throw up air up air up b combo. So far what I have right now is
Wario 33-42
Falcon 44-47
Diddy kong 53-56
Donkey kong 45-55
Marth 40-44
Rob 40-52
I'll be collecting more info to figure out their minimum and maximum percentages. All of these are with no rage but factor in a live players DI and frame perfect combos

Doc. (ThatAlphGuy?)

Smash Rookie
How do you figure that Diddy lives longer than Falcon?
Well from what I've found is that for them to actually get hit by the full combo it's a combination of their weight and fall speed that's taken into consideration as well as their hitbox size. Diddy oddly enough won't get hit by the full combo until a later percent than Falcon due to those factors.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
The combo stops working on Diddy at ~45% unless they DI perfectly in your favour, ie if they DI the dThrow away. to keep them low enough for the uSpecial to hit.
They will fall out otherwise.

Muffin!

Smash Apprentice
Yeah some of those percents seem kind of high. I don't know the exact percents for each character, but 30% is my rule of thumb for when I start looking for it. Heavies 40-50%.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Yeah some of those percents seem kind of high. I don't know the exact percents for each character, but 30% is my rule of thumb for when I start looking for it. Heavies 40-50%.
I usually start at 35%. Everything below and my opponents tend to airdodge the second uAir, even when my timing is on point. Changes slightly depending on the character though, Sheik for example seems to work as low as 32%.

Muffin!

Smash Apprentice
I don't know how much it varies per stage, but I wouldn't worry about it. The percents aren't really "when does it kill" but "when can the combo be done." There's a very narrow window in which the combo can happen so the percents are showing that window. Even if it doesn't kill you should always go for the combo since it's safe and does massive damage.

Jacuzzi Splot

Smash Cadet
I don't know how much it varies per stage, but I wouldn't worry about it. The percents aren't really "when does it kill" but "when can the combo be done." There's a very narrow window in which the combo can happen so the percents are showing that window. Even if it doesn't kill you should always go for the combo since it's safe and does massive damage.
Thanks i'm always happy for the % but it did bother me a bit that most of the time during matches I wouldn't get the kill with it.

T-Loc

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised this thread isn't more developed. Tobi, I've landed the combo as low as 23% on live sheiks and it does register as a combo in training w/out DI if you have your timing/spacing down, so I think we need more labbing on it.

On another note, I think the only %s it works on Rosalina are the ones where she'll always fall out of the last few hits of UpB.

Top Bottom