• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Throw Combos

7upfree123

Smash Rookie
NNID
Snowy123
3DS FC
0533-4047-9106
Ah, the down throw combos. Mr. Game & Watch has a lot of them! Let me go through them with ya.

Bucket Combos: This is an extremely powerful follow-up against anyone with energy-based moves. If you have a full bucket, and land a grab when the opponent is between 0%-80%, oil spill is guaranteed to hit afterwards. Of course, do a short hop or a full jump depending on how high the percentage is. To give you an idea of just how powerful this is, two or three Din's Fire
will kill Zelda at 0%. Powerful, eh?

Up Tilt: Now, if you cant get your bucket filled, between 0%-25%, you'd want to follow with an up tilt.

Neutral Air: Between about 25%-95%, you'd want to follow up with Neutral Air.

Judge: Starting from about 60%-95% is an interesting percentage range because depending on the character, judge hammer will actually connect! This is much more difficult to land compared to his neutral air because the hit box is so much smaller. But if your feeling confident, all you have to do is read which way they are gonna go and execute Judge Hammer as fast as possible (Double/Single jump). If you're not fast enough, the opponent will be able to air dodge or jump out of the way. To be safe, you can always just settle with using neutral air., which is a guaranteed 17% damage.

Up B: After about 95%-130% your neutral air will not be able to connect anymore. So this is when you'd want to start punishing with up B. Don't forget to angle it accordingly depending on which way they fly.

And finally, passed about 100%-130% is when the combos ends since they will fly to high for Mr. G&W to reach. You may have noticed that I have been saying about so and so precent. The reason I'm saying is about because each character has a specific range these follow-ups will connect. But they all follow very close to these average precent ranges, which are:

0%-80%: Bucket, if it's filled.

0%-25%: Up tilt.

25%-95%: Neutral air.

60%-95%: Try hammer.

95%-130%: Up B.

Also, heres a useful little trick to land your grabs. Mr. G%W probably has the 3rd best duck, allowing it to evade moves like Kirby and Jigglypuff. If you get close enough and they are about to attack, try ducking! Then when they are finished attacking, go for a grab

I hope you enjoyed :D

Last edited:

Shmoopy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jordanious24
3DS FC
3995-6588-3249
I would go for a classic Fire(up B) + Fish bowl(midair A) and finish with the awesome key thing(midair down A)
ITS SO SATISFYING HNNNNNNNNG

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Ah, the down throw combos. Mr. Game & Watch has a lot of them! Let me go through them with ya.

Bucket Combos: This is an extremely powerful follow-up against anyone with energy-based moves. If you have a full bucket, and land a grab when the opponent is between 0%-80%, oil spill is guaranteed to hit afterwards. Of course, do a short hop or a full jump depending on how high the percentage is. To give you an idea of just how powerful this is, two or three Din's Fire
will kill Zelda at 0%. Powerful, eh?

Up Tilt: Now, if you cant get your bucket filled, between 0%-25%, you'd want to follow with an up tilt.

Neutral Air: Between about 25%-95%, you'd want to follow up with Neutral Air.

Judge: Starting from about 60%-95% is an interesting percentage range because depending on the character, judge hammer will actually connect! This is much more difficult to land compared to his neutral air because the hit box is so much smaller. But if your feeling confident, all you have to do is read which way they are gonna go and execute Judge Hammer as fast as possible (Double/Single jump). If you're not fast enough, the opponent will be able to air dodge or jump out of the way. To be safe, you can always just settle with using neutral air., which is a guaranteed 17% damage.

Up B: After about 95%-130% your neutral air will not be able to connect anymore. So this is when you'd want to start punishing with up B. Don't forget to angle it accordingly depending on which way they fly.

And finally, passed about 100%-130% is when the combos ends since they will fly to high for Mr. G&W to reach. You may have noticed that I have been saying about so and so precent. The reason I'm saying is about because each character has a specific range these follow-ups will connect. But they all follow very close to these average precent ranges, which are:

0%-80%: Bucket, if it's filled.

0%-25%: Up tilt.

25%-95%: Neutral air.

60%-95%: Try hammer.

95%-130%: Up B.

Also, heres a useful little trick to land your grabs. Mr. G%W probably has the 3rd best duck, allowing it to evade moves like Kirby and Jigglypuff. If you get close enough and they are about to attack, try ducking! Then when they are finished attacking, go for a grab

I hope you enjoyed :D
Thank you for this!

7upfree123

Smash Rookie
NNID
Snowy123
3DS FC
0533-4047-9106
@ X3I X3I
I don't care. Most people wouldn't really find that on the web you know.
No need to be a spoilsport.

Last edited:

X3I

Smash Apprentice
Let's say you deserve all these praises, then...
:rolleyes:

RetroBro

Smash Ace

It is very possible to land a free kill during a competitive match. I don't even play G&W and managed to hold my own against a pretty good Megaman here.

Keep up the good fight G&W fans!

My D-Throw-Judgment 9 occurs at 2:10 for those of you who don't want to watch the whole thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom