• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down B?

remix_9

Smash Rookie
So I've been toying with this in the lab a little and I've noticed that zelda has really good kill moves. They kill a lot earlier than sheik's moves (with horrible DI from the middle of dreamland, puff can be KO'd at: 73% from a sweetspotted bair, 85% from a sweetspotted fair, 96% from an fsmash, 107% from an uair, 110% from an upsmash if the last hit connects, etc.). So, before I do a lot more testing on this, is switching between sheik and Zelda allowed in tournament? I feel like it is but people just don't for how much worse of a character she is or how long the transformation takes. If you can get an opponent high enough or far enough off the stage, I think it's way easier and way more efficient than edge guarding.

tl;dr: sheik is really good but would be better with zelda's kill potential. is this legal? has this been tried?

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
It's legal, but bad or outright pointless in all but a few situations (the short/basic explanation for why is that Zelda is really bad in general and Sheik is really good in general).

If you can't think of a clear and good reason why something would be banned and a practical way to enforce the ban, then you should assume it's not banned. Things are only universally banned when they're really broken in some way (extremely unbalanced stages, unbeatable and indefinite stalls, glitches which freeze the game, etc.).

This thread already exists on pretty much the same topic: http://smashboards.com/threads/switching-to-zelda-for-punishes.416200/

Last edited:

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Ive heard that was the characters' original intention. Sheik racks up damage like a pro, Zelda has massive kill power. But Zelda is pitifully slow so she's entirely useless.

$alsa

Smash Cadet
NNID
itzall1848
For me, I find that it's just not worth it to transform into Zelda ever.
I'm not confident switching to Zelda to KO puff, because I feel I can just win neutral one more time and down throw fair and go for the edge guard.
I've said in other threads. But I don't think it's really ever worth it unless you're doing a rest punish, and for anything else is just BM or style points.

hologram summer

Smash Cadet
are there any other reasons why you could switch to zelda vs puff? does zelda get rested as easily as sheik? I feel like you don't need to be super fast to hit puff since a lot of what puff will do is try to outspace you, in which case zelda bair/fair is theoretically a better spacing tool at mid-hi percent since she won't survive and it can be done twice in one jump

Top Bottom