• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

down b vids?

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
can someone help me find a vid of someone using mario's down b in a practical and useful way?

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
in melee I adored mario.
now I think luigi is leading the sibling rivalry.

kgosser

Smash Rookie
Umm... I heard FLUDD was key to mario, how can you call it weak ORLy?

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen it being used that good yet. And i agree that Luigi is better(He always was 2 me)

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
Mario is extremely good and in many ways better than he was in melee. Every true competitive mario mainer has yet to dislike the new mario besides FLUDD, and in many ways, FLUDD can be used effectively according to the situation. Heck, FLUDD is more useful than mario's old mario tornado as a special, that old down B tornado had like zero priority, meaning that it can only be used if your opponent messes up, and it was pretty much lamed down as an recovery move which wasn't really all that great. In brawl, the mario tornado much priority; extremely quick too which in my take is better than mario's old down B; acts well as an air escape, has some the of same properties as mario's old dair, and still attacks like marios old tornado. You can't just say so mario isn't better than Luigi just because of just one move (FLUDD), WHICH COUNTERS PRETTY DARN GOOD AGAINST LUIGI'S RECOVERY. Also, there are multiple boards explaining the mechanics of FLUDD, the best common situations using FLUDD, using FLUDD as a recovery move, the infamous FLUDD to Cape combo, as well as videos of it. Did you even try looking around in the Brawl Mario threads page? No offense, but this thread is extremely noobish...:urg:

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
in addition, besides the whole issue on FLUDD, the only thing luigi has over mario is his air game, which isn't by much. Marios cape, fireball, fsmash, dsmash, fair, and FLUDD if used effectively, either work extremely well against Lugis recovery or completely counter most of Luigi's moves. Since Luigi has an extremely awkward approach, working around these elements alone makes mario more effective against him. To this day, while using Mario, I have never been overwhelmed by an Luigi mainer and I always had complete control of the match. Mario counters Luigi pretty good in brawl, making him better against Luigi.

Sorry if I sounded a bit antsy, and off topic. So with that stated, let get back on topic:

How about starting here...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149970

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158063

check these threads out to learn a little on FLUDD

Top Bottom