• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down-B Jump - How to control direction?

Just Learning

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this is too much of a noob question but I have read a couple threads saying that you can control the direction Zamus jumps with her down-b jump but I can't figure out how this works. I am using the Wii Remote/Nunchuck control setup. When I push down-b she is already jumping in a seemingly random direction before I can indicate which direction to go. Clearly, I am missing something and I hope someone will give a "Idiot's Guide" version to this move.

If you want to throw in something extra, how about a good beginner's strategy for the sudden death matches. I seem to be the one who gets hit by a De De De projectile or something that launches me first most of the time.

Thanks in advance!

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this is too much of a noob question but I have read a couple threads saying that you can control the direction Zamus jumps with her down-b jump but I can't figure out how this works. I am using the Wii Remote/Nunchuck control setup. When I push down-b she is already jumping in a seemingly random direction before I can indicate which direction to go. Clearly, I am missing something and I hope someone will give a "Idiot's Guide" version to this move.

Thanks in advance!
Zamus' Down+B arcing jump is not random. When you press Down+B, you move in an arc in the direction you were originally facing, but end up facing the opposite way you start.

...So if you are facing right and press Down+B , you will jump in an arcing motion towards the right, and when you land you will be facing left.

Now, you CAN reverse the movement of your character to go in the opposite direction by pressing Down+B, and then immediately pressing the control stick in the opposite direction.

...So if I am facing right, and I press Down+B and immediately move the control stick to the left, Zamus will jump in an arcing motion to the LEFT. I cannot however make a claim as to what her facing is afterwards off the top of my head, and I'm at work so I can't check it. Jsut try it out and you'll see.

, as to sudden Death tactics, I'm not sure. I would probably try to use her Forward-B, or mind game them into the air and then go for an Aerial...but ZSS isn't my best character.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
Also, the kick comes out at the nearest target (im pretty sure) - evrything Cobra said is correct.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Also, the kick comes out at the nearest target (im pretty sure) - evrything Cobra said is correct.
It's random(?) if you just press down B, but if you add an angle she'll move in that direction. You can also hold a direction to determine where the kick comes out.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
o nvm - thx Thiocyanide, i never actually realized u can do that with the downB.

I was wrong then lol

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Actually, unless you input a direction, the kick moves inward. Otherwise, it goes in the direction you were holding the control stick.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The weird thing about ZSS's Down-B is that it has a unique wall jump. I haven't figured out how that works.

Top Bottom