• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down+b help?

Pose

Smash Apprentice
i've seen that mario could go a pretty good distance with his tornado..but i cant seem to get it.. everytime i use it, it takes me about a centimeter away from where i started ( i rise up a good distance then practically fall to the same place) any help?

Razed

Smash Ace
I think that you're just not pressing B fast enough. You have to press it approx. 14x a second for Doc.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
You have to press it pretty fast in order to gain distance... Hold the controller firmly and lock your thumb and arm in place. If you flex you arm enough, it'll vibrate your arm and the controller, making the controller actually do the work instead. If you try and actually move your thumb for each and every button press, you'll never get to the rising downB effectively, at least I know I wouldn't. It's hard to explain and describe, I know... think I need a picture if anyone is going to understand what I'm saying.

xRedDeathx

Smash Cadet
Leonardtown, MD - Player Name: the Exodus (EXDS)
well, what firebomb is trying to say ( i think) is that when you flex your arm and biceps, you vibrate the controller up and down. while this happens, your thumb is relatively stationary(i say relatively, becuase while your thumb is moving, its alot slower than the vibration) and the controller slaps up and down into your thumb effectively pressing the button for you.

thats what happens for me anyway >_>

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
If you think Marios tornado is hard, check out Luigi's...unbelievable

how do the pros do it?

Top Bottom