• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Air Sourspot

Darkshadovv

Smash Cadet
In Sm4sh, Ganondorf's down air launches at the Sakurai Angle. According to wiki, this is useful since it's stronger than forward/back air.

However, this new angle seems to interfere when attempting to outright meteor smash someone at low percentages, and the opponent survives the attack. Even if this new angle seems positive, its small, high placed hitbox makes it difficult to land. Can someone explain to me how this is useful at all?

Rebel13

Banned via Warnings
I don't know of any reason you would want a sourspot dair offstage. A lot of meteor smashes in sm4sh have sourspots, probably just to make them harder/more satisfying to land. That said, Ganondorf's dair is so strong that the sourspot will probably KO just as well as the meteor offstage.

Darkshadovv

Smash Cadet
I don't intentionally mean to hit with the sourspot, but it happens. It's weak as hell at low percentages and doesn't kill as effectively as the sweetspot meteor.

I still fail to see how it can be used offensively, given how it's so small and high placed.

Last edited:

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I don't intentionally mean to hit with the sourspot, but it happens. It's weak as hell at low percentages and doesn't kill as effectively as the sweetspot meteor.

I still fail to see how it can be used offensively, given how it's so small and high placed.
People don´t really use it, it´s just a kinda funny sourspot. Why are you landing them offstage though? It´s such a small hitbox that it basically never happens by accident. I´d say Fair and Bair are better for sakurai angle offstage game because they have larger disjointed hitboxes. SS Dair won´t beat out any move, but Fair is amazing at that.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I actually go for sourspots at low % if I know the opponent can recover from the meteor.
It's also a good way of tacking on damage if the opponent is on a platform.

Top Bottom