• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down A bounce

D

Deleted member

To be honest, I was actually happy with the new dair at first since in Brawl I ended up ocassionally and stupidly going for a risky spike because of it the bounce, but I'm starting to really miss the old dair a lot. I've had a few times where I've accidentally daired off-stage and spiked the opponent, and not only did I end up SDing but I died before the opponent every time. I also can't even count how many times where I was 100% sure dair would hit and I also wanted to punish an opponent that was being stupid off-stage, but couldn't do it since I would SD if I did. I really wish the old dair would get brought back, but based on the in-game tip that mentions that using it off-stage KOs you even if it hits, I don't think there's any chance that it'll get any kind of a buff.
:170:

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
I enjoyed pogoing off my enemy's heads. I don't understand why they bothered to change it. Link kept his Pogo sword, but he's heavier. Wouldn't it make less sense for him to be able to do it than Toon Link? It is a complete and utterly useless move. The only time it gets used (by me) is when I mess up an input. They could have at the very least, given us a damage boost to compensate, to at least make the risk worth it. The move can barely KO, unless its off stage.

Honestly, I can't see Sakurai or anyone else balancing this game properly. Smash doesn't have a proper forum for any kind of feedback. They don't even look here, and yet going into competitive smash 4 discussion, all I see are people doing nothing but agreeing with every change made to the game, like Sakurai can do no wrong.

Sorry, I kind of digressed from the topic there. Yea, I think the change sucks.

Top Bottom