• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles techniques with Captain Falcon?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Hello. I'm an Ike main and I'll be teaming with Fatality at Fusion 2 this weekend. If we win or hit Top 3, we'll likely be teaming at Genesis 3 as well. I was just wondering what kind of things I should keep in mind for doubles play that we could lab before we enter the tournament on Saturday. Things like his throw angles or proper kill percents and combos would be great.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
For having tried the Ike Falcon combination with a friend it's very funny to do.
What you want to do is sandwich one of the opponents and gang bang him for 2-3 seconds. If you're doing it right by alternating fast moves you can rack up an absurd amount of damage very quickly. The best part is that both Falcon and Ike's moves send people flying in a trajectory that is easy for your team mate to catch back.

So just surround an opponent without being overly aggressive, and if his team mate starts playing defensive for only a split second rack up 50% on his poor friend.

And of course don't forget to set up your mate's kill moves, like have Ike charge his Usmash near someone's shield and Falcon come and shieldgrab him.

Pyraxy

Smash Rookie
Falcon mains (And this is especially true with Fatality) LOVE downthrow, space yourself to continue off of them when he can't follow up at higher percents or just wait for him to do a D-Throw into N-Air or D-Throw into U-Air string and then follow up.

Top Bottom