• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles Partner?

qwestman101

Smash Rookie
NNID
Qwest
3DS FC
4355-9434-5424
I wanted to become a more active member of the Robin boards, but I never really had anything to add to the existing discussions, so I am making this thread to let my voice be heard. So here we go.

My friend CHUBs mains Diddy, and as with Diddy and any other character, Diddy/Robin seems to be a pretty powerful team. Robin's Arcfire and Arcthunder allow Diddy to get guaranteed grabs, and Robin plays more defensively so that Diddy doesn't have to worry so much about playing aggro. So I want to get some discussion, theorycrafting, and knowledge in here. Who do you think teams well with robin?

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I do very well with a Sonic. I think anyone who can peel the enemies from Robin to give her some breathing room to go for good Arcfire placements and double Thorons (which is most satisfying moment as a Robin player :colorful:) is a good combo for Robin. I'm sure there are other great combos as well I haven't tried, I'd love to hear from everyone what their experience doubling with other characters has been like. I just got a great idea for Schema 5...

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I would have to agree that anyone who can just tie up the other people and allow Robin to sit back and line up spells with impunity is a good partner for Robin.

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
My partner plays Ness, and, similar to FOW and the other guy's Ness/Villager combo, there's some amazing synergy that goes on between them. In fact, I'd go so far to say that Robin would be one of the top tiers on a Doubles/Teams list.

Robin can get some free healing with Nosferatu, and can even heal up Ness again with his PSI Magnet, making them a really potent force. The only real downside is the tome usage, but that only provides more projectiles to catch people. Not to mention the IRL rage you'd induce with the PK Fire/Arcfire combination on 2v1s.

qwestman101

Smash Rookie
NNID
Qwest
3DS FC
4355-9434-5424
I'm sorry to interrupt this discussion, but Chapter Serf where did you get your flair? I only made this account yesterday and I can't find any good signature makers.

Back to discussion, how do you think Rosalina and Luma would work out?
Any stray projectiles could just be absorbed by down-b so you don't have to worry so much about hitting you partner, which isn't that important but it can be handy. Rosalina's UAir could get some early KOs off of the verticle knockback of Arcfire, and her ability to block weaker projectiles with Luma could allow Robin to camp easier against Falco, Mario, and Pikachu. For some reason I have trouble camping them on for glory 1vs1, and I don't see why that should be any different in doubles. I think Rosalina is in general a very powerful doubles character, and has some signature with Robin though I have little practice in that team.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You mean the card thingy? Click it and it will take you where you can get your own.

qwestman101

Smash Rookie
NNID
Qwest
3DS FC
4355-9434-5424
Oh. Thanks. That seems really obvious now. I wanted something cleaner to have my Friend Code and NNID on and I saw several people with that same style. Thanks.

Top Bottom