• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles Partner

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I love doubles a lot the randomness with team combos and potential setups. One thing i've never been able to figure out. Who does Yoshi mix with well in doubles.

I think Marth is a good doubles partner with Yoshi cause of the combination moves (Egglay > Breakout > Forward smash (From Marth))

I've seen amsa team up with samus (i'm sorry i don't remember his name)

but who else can you see Yoshi working with in doubles matches?

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
I have had good times teaming with fox and shiek. Yoshi has a bunch of moves that can pop people up for the alley-oop so any character that can punish hard when their opponent is in the air should be a good match.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
aMSa teamed with Cyr, the french samus player.
Honestly, I think Yoshi is really bad in teams and you're much better off using another character, but maybe I'm being defeatist.
Teaming with Fox is always good, and Yoshi can possibly work well as a tank if you're not too risky with djc.
Two tanks is a legit strategy as well, like Peach and Yoshi.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Egg Lay + Peach Dsmash = a whole bunch of damage :p

aMSa also teamed with the Samus from Japan, PL (or PSpirit now) while in the US. I don't think Yoshi/Samus is that great of a team, though.

I think Fox is probably Yoshi's best partner since he gets vertical KOs well (this goes well imo with Yoshi's ability to get horizontal KOs with a smash or edgeguard) and can combo well off of many of Yoshi's moves. Yoshi can also live forever if you play your cards right, so he can hold stocks for Fox if needed.

I've been wondering recently what the best game plan for that team is, though. Most Yoshi players say Yoshi should be defensive in teams, but aMSa seems to prefer being very aggressive. Of course that might be why he teams with Samus, or maybe even it's because he teams with Samus. I think Yoshi/Fox could be played either way.

Top Bottom