• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles Options For Luigi?

Seth B.

Smash Rookie
NNID
SnazzyPaperBear
3DS FC
1547-5389-9600
If Luigi is a good pick for doubles at all, I was wondering if there were any decent doubles teams for Luigi. I've searched for a thread discussing this but haven't found any, but if there is one please link me to it. Thanks! ^~^

TriTails

Smash Lord
You mean, great partner for him in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4?

Ganondorf is a great partner. He may run like a turtle, but he hits like a bulldozer. Mainly, you focus on racking up damage with Luigi's quite strong damage output and amazing combos, and leave it to Ganon to finish 'em off.

Bowser is also good. He packs a punch, just like Ganon, and actually faster than Luigi. Reason is up there.

And.... dunno for the others. Mainly, you want them to cover your weaknesses, but if they also help out greatly in one of your pros, then they'll be great too. Like Ganon, he is slower than Luigi, so he doesn't cover your mobility problems, but he helps out greatly on getting kills, since Luigi's range isn't very great and sometimes, he struggles on getting a KO. But Luigi racks up damage to the point that your opponent is all bruised there and there, and Ganon's kill power is probably the best in the game.

Though, I myself is not very familiar with Team Battles, so other Luigi mains may be able to help you out further.

Last edited:

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
Luigi works really well with Diddy, they cover each other's weaknesses really well. Have very similar stage tastes. They are both combo monsters, and can do some crazy stuff together. My main partner is a Diddy and we have been doing work at tournaments lately.

Another good partner might be Rosalina since she covers space well and can kill for Luigi with her really good up smash.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I think those that cover Luigi's range problem work nicely for him. Also those that can help stop opponents from keeping Luigi out and out-spaced.

I haven't really tried these, but perhaps things like Marth, R.O.B, Pikachu?

Top Bottom