• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Jump Aerial Attack Button Glitch

momo1478

Smash Rookie
Hey Yoshi mains, I was giving him a go tonight and I play PM casually but would like to become good and I found something neat with yoshi. If you double jump and do a neutral attack immediately after (A+Y simultaneously) the animation will cancel and yoshi will gain the height/acceleration of the double jump whilst doing the attack. This button glitch (along with all of the others in the smash series) has some great combo potential along with countering edge-guards, and because you are technically doing yoshi's second jump this glitch has super armor with it! I registered on smashboards just to say that. Please post if you find this useful or any other ways that this could be useful. Peace!

Last edited:

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
This is called a rising aerial, a tech that yoshi's been known to have since he was released in PM. Next time you think you've found a tech, look around to see if it's already been found next time. But hey, if you're interested in the talking about the technique, bring it up in the tips and tricks thread.

Also, it is not a glitch, it was intentional. You don't have super armor during your attack, either.

Last edited:

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
"I just started playing this character and I already found brand new tech" Such arrogance.
#scrublife

didds

Smash Lord
Don't be discouraging, there are better ways to make your point, Pickledpotatoes was pretty informing without being offputting.

Naivete rather than arrogance I'd say anyway. He's not claiming to be the greatness, just wanted to offer what he thought might be some new, useful tech.

But yea it's known and it's usually best to check a character's discussion boards before posting something like this, just to make sure you're not teeing yourself up to get flamed. But that's been said.

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
When I announced the "grab-parry", I did excessive research on if the tech was discovered. I found nothing on the subject, and only learned that it was in melee after-the-fact. I still brought it to more than enough people who have never seen it before. Nickled really needed to check the page before posting this, he would've seen it all over the place.

didds

Smash Lord
yea definitely, I don't disagree that we should research before posting, and I personally love reading about some of your testing. I just prefer friendliness, especially with newer folks to the boards since certain things aren't always known by them like certain etiquette or just the navigation of the website. It's not that complicated, but not everyone is very computer savvy.

I'm derailing, point is, a small slip up like this should not include mocking in it's solution, just some polite informing.

I'd like the reputation as a welcoming and understanding community, regardless of how out of touch with reality this may be.

Last edited:

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
Yeah, sorry about that. I just got kind of annoyed at the lack of 'attention to detail'. It screams that there was no thought of 'maybe this has already been found' or any real love behind the post. I am passionate about developing Yoshi as one of the best Characters in P:M, and I honestly want to see at least some of that out of everyone in this thread. I didn't see any out of this post, so I got annoyed. Anyways, I'm sorry for being harsh

didds

Smash Lord
Definitely not a big deal, I've seen much harsher by many other posters, important thing is that everyone is civil enough that this is how the discussion ended instead in a much uglier fashion.

Top Bottom