• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double JC shines

Myztek

Smash Ace
Is it really necessary to DJC shine after a d-air? I'm thinking about starting to practice it, but I don't know if it's really worth the effort.

What would you say is better about it? Why do you/should you do it?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Depends on how solid your game is now. If you can say to yourself that your Falco game is very solid now, with the ability to use all of the staple techniques available to Falco, then by all means.

I'm trying to teach myself how to DJC Shine Pillar like DaShizWiz. So freaking difficult.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
isnt it just flashy? i dont think its that useful. but its definitely a crowd pleaser

Myztek

Smash Ace
I'm thinking it's just flashy more than anything which is why I don't really want to incorporate it into my game. It's just one more thing to risk messing up while playing. The reward-to-risk ratio isn't good enough as far as I can tell.

Averance

Smash Rookie
do it only if you mix up 2 shines and 1 shine. If you constantly do 2 shines there is no point in doing it as ppl like samus can just time their up-b approprately.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
uh no it doesnt

you can roll jump sidedodge (then get hit by shine) or you can be like pc chris and powershield it

you can CC in your shield so that when the shine penetrates it you hit the ground(i have heard azen does it but ive done it once or twice vs sheik) you can light shield to get pushed away you can wd out of shield if your out of the shines range. certain character can slide away and others like samus can up b from shield.

off the top of my head

mathos

Smash Champion
Breaking someone's shield, by any means, is a bad tactic to rely on. Shield breaks are rare in a competitive game, the reason being is because its hard to do on someone unless they're an idiot.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
double jc shining is mainly used to trick ur opponent into grabbing u after the first shine but since u jc shine again then they get hit. lawl so funny but yea it looks cool

forward

Smash Champion
I think it's good. Works well when people try to dodge the first shine and shine you in a falco vs falco/fox match. It works well when marth trys to sheild grab after a shine.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Against marth I think it is best to approach with a Nair and then do DJC shines. It works pretty good. But I figured out a pretty good spacing tactic vs marth.

Its very good to prevent shield grabbing.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Well, always approach marth with Nairs. Only use Dairs when your combiong. Against there shield, to space them out. What I figured out, but I don't do. Is I approach them with a Nair to a shine, and then after I jump out of the shine to do the next move I do a Nair while backing up. You can't get grabbed this way at all. Or to not get shield grabbed which works against everyone is approach with a Dair or whatever move you want, but just make sure you do the move close to the ground, which is near the end of your jump. But I need to start making both of these a habbit.

Top Bottom