• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Jab Canceling returns!

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
1.Hold A
2.Let Fox jab twice
3.Let go of A
4.Wait not even a second
5.Repeat

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
You can also jab jab and hit down and jab jab again. You can even chain jab into grab

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Bump.

This is really really good. It reminds me of Falco's jab in Brawl, where you don't always have something guaranteed but can use the jabs to condition your opponent into choosing an option that you are able to punish. I've been using this to set up a lot of my kills, since my Fox has trouble landing them on the 3DS with its circle pad :/

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
WOOOOAAAHHH!!! This really had my arms flailing around... xD I can't wait to play as Fox~!

Thanks for posting~

Last edited:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Fox had it in Brawl (I used it as much as possible whenever I played him) but it felt a lot harder to pull off, plus it felt like there were less viable options out of it. Basically just grab and shine. But I guess time will tell what options really are viable here too. Reason I likened it to SSB3 Falco is that he can shield > usmash after jab2 to counter those trying to aerial/jab out super effectively, and that's the same thing I've been doing with SSB4 Fox.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Oh I know it's in Brawl, but I'm happy for its return. It doesn't need the crouch cancel anymore either, IDR if I posted that but yeah just time your jabs.

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
I was still crouching lol then saw you say it didn't need to be done and it's just easier

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
If your opponent doesn't know how to react to it, you can also just dash -> pivot f-smash or up-smash them after the jab -> jab

Last edited:

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
@ ADAPT Chance ADAPT Chance , Mario might be a good candidate to get out of Fox's Double Jab.

Can someone else confirm this for me? Double Jab Combo does not work on Mario when he uses up B. Mario has a few invincibility frames to get out of Fox's jab combo, from what I've played so far. I don't own the game yet, so I can't confirm it.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Smash Apprentice
Anyone whose not a scrub can get out of Fox's jab combo, either by rolling, VI, or jabbing. The key to using this technique is to know what they're gonna use to escape the jab string. If they shield, grab. If they roll away, fsmash. If they roll behind, dsmash. If they start jabbing, shield grab.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Smash 4 3DS - GUARD (Fox) VS ??? (Bowser): http://youtu.be/FxBBnAn5ky0 this guy Guard utilizes good stuff with the chain jab.
Man, forget the chain jab. At 1:11, look closely at Fox's F-air:

D-throw -> short-hop F-air Fast-fall (hits him up to the second hit) -> f-tilt x4. That's sexy, imagine replacing that fourth f-tilt with a foxtrot > U-smash

EDIT: it seems like you can only do up to four guaranteed hits from a tumble-lock: Smash 4 seems to automatically get the opponent up after being locked 3 times.

Second hit of F-air spikes, that's pretty amazing. I can already see this getting countered if the opponent techs it, though I'm sure there are follow ups to the techs too.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Fair is multi hit, so it may have meteor smash properties if you catch them above stage, then cancel on the stage as they're past the ledge. Try it with MM's bair and you'll see what I mean, although some multi hit moves aren't as effective at doing this.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
This reminds me of brawlers like Final Fight and Streets of Rage back in the day. You would do something very similar to this to infinitely combo enemies.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
I am curious though, is fox the only one who can do this? I've tried a few chars myself and they can't (bowser jr/game and watch). It seems really good, but I'd find it strange if he's the only one who can do it.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I am curious though, is fox the only one who can do this? I've tried a few chars myself and they can't (bowser jr/game and watch). It seems really good, but I'd find it strange if he's the only one who can do it.
I'm in love with your profile pic lol.

Anyway, I thought it worked with Falco but it seems too slow to be effective.

I want to try others as well.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! I'm testing as well. It seems strange fox would have this while others don't. In cases like yoshi and luigi it makes sense they've got some AT because they're so slippery, but I don't see fox having any reason to have something like this only. But we'll see. I'll let you know if I find something.

Element_Demon

Smash Cadet
I tried this on wifi as fox. It does well against heavy weights. utilt juggles>jabs>upsmash is amazing.

Top Bottom