• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, while training my Marth, for fun, I went to Peach's Castle (Gotta take a break from the flat stages sometimes, right?). I don't remember exactly who I fought, but I knocked them against the wall of the tower in the middle of the stage. I was pressing A whilst jumping as fast as I could, and did this weird double Fair. I was slightly confused but then just continued the game. Now, I think I'm seeing this move used often in tournaments now (But not on Peach's Castle lol). Is this some sort of exploit or do my eyes decieve me?

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
i mean its just a fast move lol

its not an exploit to use a fast move twice lmao

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
If you get your first fair out quickly enough you can absolutely follow it up with another fair. You can use double fair to help carry someone across the stage when comboing or even do a jump back double fair to help wall out an opponent's approach. A rising fair can also be followed up with an uair before you hit the ground to help start up-tilt/uair strings to juggle the opponent. The timing is pretty strict, so it might seem impossible at first, but as you get used to how long it takes for the first fair to expire you'll be able to follow it up pretty consistently. Lately I've been working on rising fair into wavelands, which can help you get the jump on the opponent unexpectedly. You can sh-fair into waveland back to catch an approach or sh-fair into waveland forward to catch them with an approach they didn't think you'd have time for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom