• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Get Grabbed!

homer2020

Smash Cadet
For anyone who thinks it's a joke, it really isn't, not getting grabbed is how you don't lose. I went to a tournament and I thought nothing of their chaingrab... until i got torn apart by one on the forth round, the first match. You know what I did all second match? I DIDN'T GET GRABBED! Seriously, plan out everything you are about to do before you hit them, use anything (attack or projectile) to space yourself away from grab range. Get on platforms if you think you are about to get grabbed (but watch out for their hammers). Yes flat stages are relatively hard to not get grabbed, but if you are trying not to get grabbed, you will do just that. So yeah I won the second match.... third didn't go over to well but we won't talk about that :p

helpful hint: anything that can shield poke works wonders. Once you hit Nana get it out of Popo's way as much as humanly possibly, it can even be worth taking hits by Popo to kill it.

Top Bottom