• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Jr Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
DONKEY KONG JR. SUPPORT THREAD!

If King K. Rool or Dixie Kong weren't around to steal the spot (Obviously it's gonna be one of them, no question), I know who'd make a good retro rep and Semi-Clone. He's one of my favorite Video Game Characters! DONKEY KONG JUNIOR!

Debut: Donkey Kong Jr (1982 Arcade)
Last Appearance: Game & Watch Gallery 4

MOVE SET:

Neutral Special: Not So Giant Punch (It spins and finishes much faster, and does a Shoryuken, hitting the character upward into the air.)

Forward Special: Headbutt (His head is stronger and makes people dizzy rather than pitfalling them.)

Up Special: Spinning Kong (pretty much the same)

Down Special: Fist Pound (Instead of using his hands to pound the ground, he uses his fists. This can effect people from a short distance.)

FINAL SMASH: Key (This sets loose an 8-Bit Retro Donkey Kong.)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I tried to make a moveset for lil' ol' DK Junior a while ago... it mostly involved throwing fruits, using a tennis racket and using vines. Maybe I'll update it later. I'm not thinking he'll make it into Smash at all as a DK rep. But as a retro rep, count me in! He was popular before basically everybody in Smash. Except DK himself and Mr. Game & Watch. The only problem is I see it going like this:

LIST O' DK REPS BY PRIORITY:

1. King K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Funky Kong
4. Cranky Kong
5. Kiddy Kong
6. DK Junior

But if he's in, I'll be excited. The first Nintendo game I ever played was Donkey Kong Junior. I sucked, but I spent many a quarter busting DK's butt out of prison from Evil Mario.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I tried to make a moveset for lil' ol' DK Junior a while ago... it mostly involved throwing fruits, using a tennis racket and using vines. Maybe I'll update it later. I'm not thinking he'll make it into Smash at all as a DK rep. But as a retro rep, count me in! He was popular before basically everybody in Smash. Except DK himself and Mr. Game & Watch. The only problem is I see it going like this:

LIST O' DK REPS BY PRIORITY:

1. King K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Funky Kong
4. Cranky Kong
5. Kiddy Kong
6. DK Junior

But if he's in, I'll be excited. The first Nintendo game I ever played was Donkey Kong Junior. I sucked, but I spent many a quarter busting DK's butt out of prison from Evil Mario.
Yeah, no. Cranky Kong wouldn't work, Kiddy Kong is hated and only 1 game, and I disagree with Funky Kong.

LIST BY PRIORITY:
1. King K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Donkey Kong Jr
4. Lanky Kong
5. Funky Kong

But, King K. Rool will be the one so it doesn't matter.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, no. Cranky Kong wouldn't work, Kiddy Kong is hated and only 1 game, and I disagree with Funky Kong.

LIST BY PRIORITY:
1. King K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Donkey Kong Jr
4. Lanky Kong
5. Funky Kong

But, King K. Rool will be the one so it doesn't matter.

How the hell would Cranky not work? I feel he'd be picked way before DK Junior...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
How the hell would Cranky not work? I feel he'd be picked way before DK Junior...
I think Cranky would fit in perfect in Smash funny and soo WTF! but too cool xD.

Maybe he can finally show DK in person how bad ass he is instead of lecturing him about in DKC looool.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
He's old. And what's he going to use? His Cane!?!?!? That's why.

King K. Rool, Dixie, and Junior are the only ones I see making it at all. Cranky Kong??? C'mon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not an excuse at all. Other fighting games have had old people, you know. And yeah, some cane moves would be cool. Not to mention he could use Squawks for a recovery, use different potions to increase his strength, and even revert to Arcade DK in his Final Smash, since that is Cranky. Claiming he can't work because of his age is a terrible excuse.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Bro...havent you learned anything from DKC & DK64?

Cranky is a G.png

Bro Cranky is like the godfather of platforming...he would make Mario look like Sheet...my man Cranky is a Legend he used to play ''Real Games!'' RealTalk!

Many of us cant say the same.

He once said in DKC that he went through the whole game in 1 life!
He knows all thr tricks in every course from the top of his old head.

God knows how powerful one smack of his walking stick would be..plus he is a scientist!

Bro Cranky needs to be severly nerferd to be put in Smash.

Reznor

work in progress
I had Cranky Kong plushie when I was a kid so yes Cranky Kong for Smash 4
wait this is a DK Jr. thread don't we already have one of those

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes, but that doesn't mean you should unjustly dismiss him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But we already have another Cranky thread...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
God, I changed EVERYTHING! I'm sorry, I'll go away. I-I was just saying that DK Junior as a DK rep is unlikely. But as a retro rep he'd be great.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I don't know... I think he's the third most likely as well. They included a trophy of DK Junior over Diddy in melee, and K. Rool and Dixie were the only other two they choose to make trophies for.

Plus Game and Watch has his dair based after the DK Jr's game and watch game, he has two stickers in brawl (and I think I read somewhere donkey kong jr name came up in unused/unmade trophy data... although that could have been left over from melee...).

Edit: Also allegedly if you choose random on naming a custom stage DKJR will sometimes appear as a name.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
DK Junior has appeared as much as K. Rool in the Smash series, so why not? I, again, love the game. I support this as long as K. Rool and Dixie Kong get in too. What I was saying before is that he'd be better as a retro rep than a DK rep.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
DK Junior has appeared as much as K. Rool in the Smash series, so why not? I, again, love the game. I support this as long as K. Rool and Dixie Kong get in too. What I was saying before is that he'd be better as a retro rep than a DK rep.
I totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom