• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Slash Can Meteor Smash?

Shirum

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, I don't bring footage with me, but I'll explain the scenario and you people here who like Marth can figure it out. :)

I was messing around online on team with anyone as Ike. There was a Marth on the opposing team. (No surprise.) The stage was Final Destination. Now, I'd hit Marth off, and I was running over to hit him another time before grabbing the edge. I hit him lightly (alas, nair), but he was coming back towards the stage, and I grabbed the edge. Then, at perhaps the exact moment I came out of my invincibility frames, or maybe I'd let go, (Or hell, my memory is crappy, it was like six matches ago. Maybe I hadn't grabbed the edge yet.) he dolphin slashed and seized the edge, sending me rocketing down fast. I am absolutely sure that I didn't bounce off the stage -- just shot down.

Unfortunately, I'm far too quick to hit A, and I lost my chance to save a replay. (Thus hiding the truth of how badly I play.)

I looked at a few sticked guides and so on in here and it didn't seem to be mentioned, so. Here you go! My vague, possibly not useful at all recounting!

And it occurs to me belatedly that this title rhymes.

Shirum

Smash Cadet
If I did, it must've happened almost immediately? I know I saw one impact.

EDIT: I see. Thank you, Steel 2nd. Case closed, then.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
dolphin will almost always stage spike someone if they are hanging on the ledge and they end up getting hit by it.

definantly a stage spike

Top Bottom