• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin netplay speed Help

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
So I downloaded project m on my laptop yesterday and everything was fine until today. when i join matches they are very laggy. yesterday it was just fine but now people keep leaving me because of it. im not sure if these are causing the problems but i accidently made a save file about ten times when the game starts but when i check wii save folder its empty?. also when im on netplay im player 3 instead of 2 or 1, i dont know why it wasnt like that at first. Also even if im playing offline it lags a bit, it wasnt doing this yesterday, and my computer doesnt suck btw it can run other games that takes more power than project m, way faster and with more people (Which doesnt make sense) . i just dont know why project m is running so poor compared to yesterday. Also how can i lower my ping its always around 30-50. even though at OOKLA.com its says its 20 ping.

Y-L

Smash Champion
First of all, you cant compare emulation to PC games, it's apples and oranges. Emulation relies heavily on the CPU, which your pc may be struggling with. You said you're on a laptop, make sure for your power settings you're on high performance. Posting your specs would help too.

Top Bottom