• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Netplay "Paths"

EmilioBelial

Smash Rookie
Yeah I love the new 3.6, it totally works offline.

Yeah at first I was thinking a port of mine was being occupied but that idea got too silly. Not that I know anything about ports but that's what I read when I google'd "dolphin failed to listen".

I remember deleting a line in the paths for some reason (I was probably confused).

Y-L

Smash Champion
The issue definitely isn't from your paths. I don't know how to help you because I'm not very knowledgeable about connection issues, but it is a connection issue. Maybe try making a firewall exception or if that doesn't work you could try port forwarding. Sorry that's all the help I can give.

EmilioBelial

Smash Rookie
Thanks for being honest. So I should give up on the idea of the paths. It's just weird because I was able to netplay like two weeks ago. My firewall is overrun by Norton Security. Alrighty, I've made Dolphin an exception because everytime I reinstall dolphin it puts it away and I have to restore it and make it a new exception. Not sure what port forwarding is but it's probably beyond me. Oh well cpu lv9 with Regen is how I'll play.

Narpas_sword

This might just be teenage me talking, but Norton is a pretty horrible product (maybe they upped their game in the last 10-15 years, I don't know). It would be worth a shot disabling it and trying to connect to someone without norton firewall on.

As YL mentioned, network problems are hard to solve with just an error message.
You could try different dolphin builds or direct connect.

Top Bottom