• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dolphin] Issues with sensitivity and button presses.

lami

Smash Journeyman
I recently purchased the Mayflash adapter and and running Joy to Key. Every button is very sensitive, especially the sticks. I've messed around with the Joy to Key sensitivity slightly but if there are any other fixes I would love to hear it.

Another problem is that the client thinks that I am pressing shield when I am not, and will even just roll back and forth while I try to run.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I recently purchased the Mayflash adapter and and running Joy to Key. Every button is very sensitive, especially the sticks. I've messed around with the Joy to Key sensitivity slightly but if there are any other fixes I would love to hear it.

Another problem is that the client thinks that I am pressing shield when I am not, and will even just roll back and forth while I try to run.
Go on Dolphin and head to GCPad Settings.

First, give the analog stick a deadzone of 5, and the c-stick a deadzone of 15. Then, set the radius on both sticks to 100.

For the shield problems, you probably have your triggers set up incorrectly. For the L/R buttons you should make the button click when it detects the input. For the L/R analog, push down the button to the point right before it clicks, but don't let it click. L and R buttons should be buttons 4 and 5 respectively while L/R analogs should be axis xr-+ and axis yr-+ respectively.

I am using the dual port mayflash adapter so if you are using a different one the buttons might be named differently but you should set it up the same way.

Let me know if you have any additional problems and I'll be glad to help you.

lami

Smash Journeyman
Go on Dolphin and head to GCPad Settings.

First, give the analog stick a deadzone of 5, and the c-stick a deadzone of 15. Then, set the radius on both sticks to 100.

For the shield problems, you probably have your triggers set up incorrectly. For the L/R buttons you should make the button click when it detects the input. For the L/R analog, push down the button to the point right before it clicks, but don't let it click. L and R buttons should be buttons 4 and 5 respectively while L/R analogs should be axis xr-+ and axis yr-+ respectively.

I am using the dual port mayflash adapter so if you are using a different one the buttons might be named differently but you should set it up the same way.

Let me know if you have any additional problems and I'll be glad to help you.
The L and R buttons are very sensitive. So much so that a mere tap will set them off and keep it "held in." Any advice?

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
The L and R buttons are very sensitive. So much so that a mere tap will set them off and keep it "held in." Any advice?
It sounds like either A) your L/R buttons are not set to the actual "click" of the button or B) the analog is set to the "click" of the button.

I'm going to guess it's probably the latter. If you can post a screenshot of your gamecube pad settings that would greatly help. Just an idle picture without touching the controller.

lami

Smash Journeyman
It sounds like either A) your L/R buttons are not set to the actual "click" of the button or B) the analog is set to the "click" of the button.

I'm going to guess it's probably the latter. If you can post a screenshot of your gamecube pad settings that would greatly help. Just an idle picture without touching the controller.
http://imgur.com/rE5bClK

Y-L

Smash Champion
Well the image you provided depicts that you're using your keyboard. You need to scroll down on the device menu and select dinput gamepad (your mayflash adapter).

SSB Ohhh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSBOhhh
3DS FC
5429-9915-0030
Found the answer to your problem. Dolphin, as of 4.0 - 6554 "The version used on Anther's Ladder for Netplay" treats slightly pressing either the L or R button as a seperate button from when the L or R button clicks. if you just go a try to set it up normally You will most likely have the L / R button set as Z-+ or Zr-+ or something similar. You have to hold down the L and R buttons respectively for the ones you're trying to set up down until its right before the click, then click the button to setup the corresponding triggers. then let them click. You will then get "Button 5" as L and "Button 6" as R

Animignis

Smash Cadet
I'm actually having issues with direct connect... the R button on one of my controllers is too sensitive and i'll light shield randomly when I accidentally bump the bottom of it (it's a VERY gentle bump). Is there a way to change the sensitivity settings with direct connect?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I'm actually having issues with direct connect... the R button on one of my controllers is too sensitive and i'll light shield randomly when I accidentally bump the bottom of it (it's a VERY gentle bump). Is there a way to change the sensitivity settings with direct connect?
No because it matches console.

Creestab

Smash Rookie
I'm having this problem as well. Lightly touching the bottom of my R button triggers a lightshield. My controller setup has Buttons 5 and 6 mapped to R and L, and Z+- mapped to the analogs. Everything is as it should be and it still has the problem. I even used it on my GameCube console to verify the issue was Dolphin and not my controller. Is there no way to deadzone the analogue? In the controller setup, I debugged the soft press on the bottom of the trigger and a small amount registered on the analogue portion very consistently, a deadzone would easily solve the problem but to my knowledge, that's not an option.

TL;DR this thread may be dead but the problem isn't. Debugged all fixes in this thread and problem persists. Only factor missing I can think of is I don't use Mayflash adapter. I have a BX-W201, and yes it is horrible but it gets the job done. This problem is newish so I can't imagine the adapter is at fault.

Top Bottom