• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Bug (Also How to Fix)

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
This has been mentioned on this forum before, but I brought it up over at the Dolphin forums and got some more information about it, so I'm making a "please fix this" request, even though it is technically an avoidable bug. It has to do with the Gecko codes introduced in P:M 3.5.

When using Dolphin, if you do a normal Brawl and then try to do an All-star versus match, all of your characters are Mario, no matter what you selected. This happens for all players and CPUs. This behavior does not occur on actual hardware, so it's definitely a shortcoming on Dolphin's end, but from what I understand (which is not much), it should be easily fixable for someone with the right know-how (AKA a P:M dev). I'm going to paste what JMC47 from the Dolphin forums said:

"it's due to icache. They don't manually clear it, instead relying on the Wii CPUs own stuff. Emulating that would cause a 9x slowdown (we have fixed it before...)

The Project M team technically has nothing to fix, but if they want it to work with Dolphin, they'll have to manually clear the icache."

So there you have it. Basically, if someone in the PMBR could add a Gecko code to manually clear the icache, this would become a non-issue. I don't know how difficult that would be since I know next to nothing on the subject, but that's my request. It doesn't even have to be in a release, I'd just like to know how to add the necessary Gecko code to the P:M .gct. Thanks.

Top Bottom