• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Toon Link help the chances of other veterans?

Does Toon Link helps the Veteran Characters chances?

• I sure think so!

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • I think you guys are over speculating this.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • It could happen, I'm just not sure.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • No, not happening.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
As most of you know, people thought Toon Link's chances of being cut extremely high because of the Spirit Tracks stage. So, do you think this helps the chances of other characters that people thought were going to be cut like Ike, Lucario, Wolf, Lucas, and etc? I'll put up a poll to see how the answers would look.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think this discussion belongs more in the general characters section rather than just Toon Link alone but I guess that's just me.

But anyway, with Toon Link's reveal it does show that Sakurai really does care about the players of the Brawl veterans and that he truly does try his best to bring as many of them back as he can. So I do think that there is a possibility that everyone is at least planned to be brought back into Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS which I would be very happy to see. At least this goes for the first and second party characters. I'm not very sure about the third party ones, especially Snake. But I guess he would at least try and get them back as well....

Even between Melee and Brawl he actually tried to bring as many characters back as he could. The only ones who were really meant to be cut were Pichu and Young Link, with the former being just a joke character and the latter being replaced by a more popular incarnation (at least in Japan).

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to think so since there's no character I particularly want cut, but I don't think this changes anything.

I don't think Sakurai wants to cut anyone, but of course probably will have to due to time constraints. Much like Brawl there will be a list of 'low priority characters' which will contain a number of veterans who the developers will try to get into the game but won't sweat too much if they can't. Unlike in Brawl it's clear that Toon Link wasn't part of that list this time, this is probably due to his popularity in Brawl and the release of The Wind Waker HD.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
To me it shows that first of all, they're likely further in development with characters than we thought they initially were. If Toon Link is ready to be shown, no doubt characters like Wario, Captain Falcon, Ness, Dedede, Meta Knight, Diddy Kong and others are too, these character are obviously of higher priority, but they just haven't had the chance to show them off yet.

Second of all it shows that he prioritizes things differently than us. Toon Link was guessed by the majority to be on the bottom of the list, other characters that some people consider bottom-priority characters like Snake, Ike, Wolf and Lucas could possibly be helped by it.

Finally, semi-clones like Wolf, Lucas and Falco are definitely helped by it, since it shows that Sakurai has no problem with these characters being here, and these 3 are a lot less cloney than TL is.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
If he is in then no one else better get cut or I'm gonna be pissed, It annoys me such moch that my 3 favorite characters are the three most likely to get cut (Lucario, Ike and Wolf)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom