• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Does Smashbroshax still work?

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
I've recently re-purchased Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U, and it got me wondering...

Super Smash Bros. has been linked to homebrew since 2010, with the release of the now famous Super Smash Bros. Brawl mod, Brawl+. Brawl since has had its fair share of mods, and to this date is the only reliable way to get homebrew up and running on vWii.

Then came Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, which had its own satellite-based homebrew exploit, Smashbroshax. I think I might use it.

The Wii U version has no known exploits, but at the same time, Smashbroshax might not work anymore. Does it?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's not an entrypoint I've used, but to my understanding it should still work, so long as you have a New 3DS, the copy of Smash you're using came on v1.0.0, and isn't patched above 1.1.3 (you can delete update data if it is). System firmware shouldn't matter, but it's not an entrypoint with kernel access afaik, so I'm not sure if it'll be suitable for your purposes.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
It's not an entrypoint I've used, but to my understanding it should still work, so long as you have a New 3DS, the copy of Smash you're using came on v1.0.0, and isn't patched above 1.1.3 (you can delete update data if it is). System firmware shouldn't matter, but it's not an entrypoint with kernel access afaik, so I'm not sure if it'll be suitable for your purposes.
Thank you.

Considering I got my copy less than a mere two months after its original release, that shouldn't have been a problem...if 1.0.4 hadn't been released a few weeks prior.

Still shouldn't be an issue, although I don't know how to back up data from a cartridge of SSB.

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Smash Stack and Smashbroshax are gateways (or as you say it, the means) accessed through the games themselves. There is no gateway accessed through Smash Bros. U.
Okay. I see your point, but to my knowledge, Smash Wii U has never been a gateway.

Top Bottom