• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does PM read trigger input differently than Melee in any way?

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
Specifically, the L and R triggers. I remember vaguely about something to do with either Melee or PM reading only the click, or something. I don't quite remember, so I was wondering if I could get some clarification so I could make Dolphin the most accurate when it comes down to this stuff.

redxslash

Smash Cadet
I don't believe so, however, in version 3.5 they added independent button switch (trigger) or something like that which I think allows better use of the L and R triggers. Just research it and you'll find the answer, look at the changelog on the project m website for version 3.5

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
I only ask because the wavedashing feels leagues different in both games, yet people defend the fact that it is exactly the same adamantly.

redxslash

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think wavedashing for certain characters (such as falco and link) in project m is easier

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
That's what's weird, I feel like in Melee it's about a frame or two quicker/easier. Like, Luigi is super ez mode. However I just recently decided to fool around with Luigi. I think my wavedashing is getting better though, because he doesn't feel as weird in PM anymore. Idk, I think for insta-inputs, like right after the other, it's the same, but otherwise it's different. Idk how to put it into words, all I can say is it does feel different.

Top Bottom