• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does playing for a certain amount of time tilt you?

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
The title says it all.

Lately even though I get mad, I tend to acknowledge it better as I've been doing other stuff apart from Smash very often (such as League of Legends); and regarding that, I recently played on For Glory against a certain guy named Jāguár (props to you man for beating me like a ragdoll) and I've noticed a few things compared to my previous times playing the game...

I somehow started to get more sloppy as the games went on. I had some bad starts against him and I noticed I started to feel less on point with my reactions and I started to slip up more often. My Falco wasn't on point and for some reason I just couldn't do things like avoid his Eruption properly (he was playing Ike and I was Dark/Black Pit those games, and I somehow did something as stupid as try to multi-jump near him and/or behind him).

Yeah, I noticed that it seems as I played on and on, my decisions got worse and my fingers weren't acting properly. Part of me was annoyed and possibly panicking to say the least.

Has this ever happened to anyone? If so, it's wise to at least take a break, right? (I basically went up against a fellow Falco user named D - Train and I just drove off the side twice as Wario then I decided it was time to stop playing.)

KirbCider

Smash Ace
If you ever find your play style degrading through time it's always best to take a break, whether it's from rage or just boredom.

I wouldn't say I get tilted but I do find myself getting slightly annoyed, or rather tired of For Glory after a while if luck isn't on my side. For glory isn't really any fun when you find opponents who don't really give you the spark you look for in a match. Whether it's opponents who you two stock easily cause they continually try the same thing without adapting, spammers, people who roll or just disappoint you in general, or folks who don't give you a hard time it gets really aggravating sometimes when that's all you get.

Don't get me wrong, I'll enjoy going against someone even if they are deemed "Bad" if the match is fun enough and it's clear they're a very good sport about it. But a lot of the time the matches just aren't very fun and even feel repetitive a lot of the time online...

It just ends up being a rarity that I'll find someone that's fun or gives me a hard time. It's worse when they leave after one match. Maybe "bored" would be a better term, but it's also at the same time irritating when you waste your time trying to find a good match only to get a good or fun opponent in 1 out of every 15 or so. Without a good spark I just can't feel it and end up getting sloppy.

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
I would say that it depends on what is going on. For me, yeah I probably would start to get upset over time if my opponent is playing a character that I have trouble with or using stupid tactics. But if it's genuine competition then no probably not, but regardless of the case, there are times where my play does decline because of fatigue or getting mildly annoyed at something in the match. It does help me though, as it helps me learn matchups more.

Top Bottom